EU Asks Google to Delay Policy Changes for Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Seriously? Can we cut down on the paranoia? This thing was made into such a big deal... while most likely it's just a legal excuse to continue doing whatever the hell they were already doing for years before.

yumri4

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
i agree with who commented first as well if they dont change then whatever they were doing will most likely not change and this is just a legal thing to make time for whatever they were doing to be prolonged. While what is the policy changes becuase having one privacy policy for all the Google products seems smarter than having one for each and every differnet Google product out there.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]this like EA privacy policy with origin. which they updated and removed within a few days.[/citation]

ea forced you to use origin which actively scanned your computer and sent info back... its a bit different than what google does.

that said, if i were google i would wait till the policy change date and if crap isnt sorted out, id block that part of the world from everything google and tell them in plain english why, because they want to change policy and the eu doesn't like it.

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I don't see what's they're making of it but since the EU apparently have nothing better to do, opposing them would just make everything slower! Better go on as they want.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
"Meanwhile, Google competitor Microsoft is taking full advantage of the situation. The company this week ran full-page advertisements in newspapers, highlighting the change and inviting users to try its rival products."

Probably to redirect attention from their declining mobile market share.

G

There is no reason for ANY of them to gather ANY information whatsoever.
The entire thing is a fabricated fraud. Criminal in any other field.

Status
Not open for further replies.