Build Advice New build :D

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 11, 2023
HTTPS://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/93DfYN
Am trying to build a higher end hobby machine.
The computer will not be overclocked ever.
Wanted a 40 series card with a cpu that won’t bottleneck.
Height: 354 - 543mm (14.0 - 21.5")
Width: 170 - 300mm (6.7 - 11.8")
Weight: Up to 25kg (55lb)
I am not too sure on the gpu and cpu combo but am mostly afraid of the motherboard / case problem aswell as the ram slots and what I have chosen
I wanted a motherboard with 2 m.2 slots managed to find one with four and was happy with that. But is there any known problems or is it solid?
I checked the case and it should fit the space but I’m not too sure as am dumbo.
Cant find weight of pc but iv been told “good luck getting a pc to 25kg”
I know you can’t use different read/write rams slots so iv chosen 128gb worth of the same ram card is what I have chosen okay?
Is the cpu good for a 40 series iv just rechecked and think I should change it for something greater closer the gpu.
Is the gpu a good 40 series card or is there another mid-high price point gpu I should look at?

Oct 11, 2023
and here is where I have another problem, I want the highest Ghz CPU for consumer use right?
at a point the number of threads/cores are not going to affect anything?
is this where i would rather get a ryzen cpu over intel? i have looked at CPUs and they all say Ryzen out preforms except when it's a single thread test
and yes, I will have to get the different fan if i go with Ryzen.

Oct 11, 2023
Who is "they"??

Passmark rates the Intel 9-14900KS 62558 total and 4867 single thread.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i9-14900KS&id=5957

The AMD R9-7950x3d as 62477 a d 4148 single thread.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?id=5234&cpu=AMD+Ryzen+9+7950X3D
i cant find where i said they but they is ether other forms on toms hardware, this form post orrrrrr
i don't know news egg or some research that i have done myself. looking into lian li cases and fans + what cpu i would want still. being told to go intel from and it guy because less driver error.
i dont know what im talking about im just taking other peoples words as gosple

Latest posts