Question Euro truck simulator 2 restarts itself for no reason

KD266

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
So i have recently bought ets 2 and i downloaded to play it
But when i play the game randomly minimizes every few seconds than goes back to full screen but i have to load the game again
Its really annoying to play like this . I have very high fps and no freezes but this is too annoying.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
Pc specs

Core 2 duo E8200
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
8 GB Ram DDR3
Windows 10

There should be a .ini file located somewhere on your computer. I am not sure where, but it should be located either in your /steamapps/common/Euro Truck Simulator 2, in your documents folder, in your games folder, etc. The .ini file should contain the settings for the game. Make sure the game is set to your monitor's resolution and fullscreen is set to 1. If the issue is still persisting, I recommend playing it in windowed mode or borderless windowed mode if that is an option. Hope this helps.

KD266

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
I have tried ultra , high , medium and lowest settings but its still the same
I have no mods or anything else the game is fresh , just installed.
And i have tried to run the game in safe mode too

I'm not sure what could be going on...

I have ETS2 and ATS with mods and I play them in my old A8-3800 APU with the integrated graphics. It runs with no problems in it, so I don't think it's the game.

What's your virtual memory settings? Also, are you running the 64bit version? Was there a 64bit version of it? XD

Cheers!

KD266

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
Oh if thats what u mean i have let the paging file managing to automatic
Ill chaange it to 16GB and ill give it a try
Also my initial size was 7680MB
And maximum size 15360MB
Do u think that good and if not how should i change it

Oh if thats what u mean i have let the paging file managing to automatic
Ill chaange it to 16GB and ill give it a try
Were you talking about "video memory" instead of "virtual memory", by any chance?

If that's the case, then it may not be related to the paging file (virtual memory: when windows runs out of RAM, it uses the disks for extra memory), but give it a try anyway.

Other than that, you have all the drivers up to date and what not?

Cheers!

I have experience playing this game on a G4400 with GTX 660 but it never get me to this kind of a problem.. This game should work fine on any 2 Core system... what kind of CPU usage you get while gaming..? I hope it's not 100% all the time?
And details about the PSU?

Do you play anything other than ETS 2 or is this the only game bothering you like this?

KD266

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
All my drivers are up to date
I have a 300W psu that came when i bought the pc (Its not good i know)
This problem only appears on ets 2
I play league , csgo , some need for speed (2015) and dirt rally but not a single crash
on these games

Last edited:

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
In your first post you described it as it "minimizes" and pops back up and in #20 you said other games don't "crash". If it minimizes and doesn't exit the game and you don't have t launch again it's not that much a crash.

If that's the case maybe some other application 'steals' the focus then the game struggles to get back on to full screen and can't manage it. This can be a an anti-virus finishing a scan perhapd or something finishing updating and there a notification not shown. If this is what's happening you can probably disable or exit that process/app while playing.

There is a small program/aplication called 'Focus' here which shows what is using the focus at any given time. You can run this in the background and then launch the game and when that happens you can check whether some app is stealing the focus or not.

I have scanned and used it and I think it's clean/OK.