Question Euro truck simulator 2 restarts itself for no reason

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KD266

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
So i have recently bought ets 2 and i downloaded to play it
But when i play the game randomly minimizes every few seconds than goes back to full screen but i have to load the game again
Its really annoying to play like this . I have very high fps and no freezes but this is too annoying.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
Pc specs

Core 2 duo E8200
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
8 GB Ram DDR3
Windows 10

KD266

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
In your first post you described it as it "minimizes" and pops back up and in #20 you said other games don't "crash". If it minimizes and doesn't exit the game and you don't have t launch again it's not that much a crash.

If that's the case maybe some other application 'steals' the focus then the game struggles to get back on to full screen and can't manage it. This can be a an anti-virus finishing a scan perhapd or something finishing updating and there a notification not shown. If this is what's happening you can probably disable or exit that process/app while playing.

There is a small program/aplication called 'Focus' here which shows what is using the focus at any given time. You can run this in the background and then launch the game and when that happens you can check whether some app is stealing the focus or not.

I have scanned and used it and I think it's clean/OK.
The game doesnt only minimize it restarts because i have noticed it always dissapears from the taskbar than reopens in a sec