European Parliament Committee Recommends End-To-End Encryption For All Electronic Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be nice to live in a country that has a citizens first policy. I do not want to move to the EU but I wish the US would change its culture in politics from corporations first to citizens first. The EU also has a lovely 2-year warranty law to keep companies from making stuff that will fail in a year or so.

hannibal

Distinguished
I am European and don't feel anything that is laughtable in other countries, but I agree that citicens should be priority in everywhere. USA should remember its constitution law and think what is its spirit. It is a guideline that would work in most cases anywhere in the world!
But everything has to start somewhere and I hope that all electronic and information companies take this matter very seriously. Soon other parts of the world will demand the same in their areas too.

Being from the US I hope we follow the EU in many areas that effect consumers and citizens as you seem to intact some of the most lovely legislation to protect the everyday person.

Gillerer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
You need to remember this news piece is only about a European Parliament committee proposal. EP is often at the forefront of civil liberties talks, but if the national governments don't agree to it, nothing will happen.

As a EU citizen, the European Parliament often feels more like a think tank than a legislative body, considering how little effect their decisions have.

Status
Not open for further replies.