Event Viewer Application Error Userenv

thatguy0130

Honorable
May 13, 2012
I noticed while troubleshooting a different issue that I, having never looked at the even viewer before, have a lot of errors in the applications category and they all seem to be associated with Userenv. When I click on this it says Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration. Is there any way to fix this problem? Also, I seem to have a system error too, this could be from the issue that I was troubleshooting before. It is the error code 8E and if I am not mistaken, it is the cause of my recent blue screens. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

1 - Boot from Windows CD - Repair the OS.

or

2 - If you are able to boot, Run SFC /scannow from command prompt, Insert Windows CD when prompted.

thatguy0130

Honorable
May 13, 2012

I repaired the copy of Windows XP (I didn't not realize I would need my key again, luckily I was able to find it) and I am still seeing the Userenv errors in the event viewer. Perhaps there is something else I could try?

Upon further Review......
Here's some other similar Posts....
DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic306136.html

Both seem to point to bad registry entries IE8 install / uninstall. You might want to run the MS Fixit APP, once for installs and once for uninstalls to correct registry entries that get corrupted.
http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

Also FYI -If you ever need your Windows Key, it is stored on your hard drive along with the product code. Use Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder.
http://download.cnet.com/Magical-Jelly-Bean-Keyfinder/3000-18487_4-10079600.html

thatguy0130

Honorable
May 13, 2012

I looked into the MS Fixit for uninstalling and installing programs and I didn't see Internet Explorer. I didn't think that I have installed it as I use Chrome so I checked to make sure it wasn't on the list for uninstalling and it wasn't. If it wasn't on the list it wanted a ID code for the program. Do you still think that it is an issue with Internet Explorer? Should I reinstall it and then uninstall it?

And yes I know about retrieving the key with those applications but I couldn't log into the computer to access those, I was locked out of it until it was validated.

EDIT: I found this on one of those pages:
Events displayed in Event log after uninstalling Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP SP2 or SP3
If you view the Event log in Windows XP SP2 or SP3 you might see event ID 1041 from Userenv after uninstalling Internet Explorer 8
The message will be "Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} / {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration."
The cause is that some of the Internet Explorer 8 registry keys were not removed when it was uninstalled. These keys do not affect the operation of Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7.
To resolve this error, delete the following registry keys:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\]
{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} = Internet Explorer User Accelerators
{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} = Internet Explorer Machine Accelerators

So is it safe to delete these listings in the registry. I have never messed with the registry before because I know you can screw up your computer if you just go in there deleting things here or there

I do not recommend you delete anything, since you have never used regedit before. And yes, you could cause serious error if deleting the wrong entries.

The fixit utility is NOT JUST for IE8. It cleans up registry entries for any and all installations uni-nstallations that may have left erroneous entries, that could cause future problems when installing uninstalling anything. I would, as suggested before to run it and follow on screen instructions.

thatguy0130

Honorable
May 13, 2012

I ran the program and removed all of the old programs that were never properly uninstalled. Since I finished doing that however there are still 2 of those same Userenv errors listed since I ran the program. Maybe there is a different program that could do a better job of cleaning up the registry?