Question Every mouse, even new ones, keeps jumping to the left upper corner of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2023
Hi guys, so i have this problem with EVERY mouse that is pluged on my pc for a long time now, i have tried many things searching on the internet for possible solutions and NOTHING works. Its important to highlight that i tried to make a complety clean instalation of windows without exporting any old fiel and this dosent work either. I bougth like 6 different mouses and EVERY single one does the same thing. I am using a Superligth pro now, but i tried a DA v2 pro and a GPRO standart too and many other mouses that a got with friends. So i have 100% sure that is NOT a problem with the mouse. I recorded a video of the screen showing how the problem looks like. I tried to reinstall the mouse drivers in the divice manger too. All this standart solutions have beeing tried many times for months now.

Configs: Gigabyte z390 m gaming / I79700KF / RTX 2070 EVGA - Here it is a photo of the desktop https://prnt.sc/Ix9zhPPE2g-4

Link to the video showing the problem =
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v8nzE6uCHQ&ab_channel=CortesdoBlaackTM

I have something to add, my past home had some eletrical problem, that make my old tv stop working as my mothers microwave, we moved to another place now, but my new PSU had contact with the old house, is there any change that she was damaged? Because even in SAFE MODE and INSIDE the BIOS the problem still there.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Its important to highlight that i tried to make a complety clean instalation of windows without exporting any old fiel and this dosent work either.
You might as well reinstall the OS after recreating your bootable USB installer for your OS, install the OS in offline mode and then manually install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

This is what happens in Half life Blue Shift on newer systems. I have never seen it out of game. You have to toggle " raw Mouse Input"

Is there the same feature in windows control panel under Mouse IDK. But hopefully you at least have something to work with as the solution.

Sep 12, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Its important to highlight that i tried to make a complety clean instalation of windows without exporting any old fiel and this dosent work either.
You might as well reinstall the OS after recreating your bootable USB installer for your OS, install the OS in offline mode and then manually install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
So, can you show me some tutorial on how to do this part of the windows installation? I think i dont understood well.
CPU: I79700KF
CPU cooler: HYPER 212 RGB BLACK EDITION
Motherboard: Z390 M GAMING Gigabyte
Ram: 2 hyperx fury 8 gb with 3200mhz
SSD/HDD: SSD Kingston NV2, 500GB, M.2 2280, PCIe NVMe, Leitura 3500 MB/s, Gravacao 2100 MB/s, SNV2S/500G
GPU: RTX 2070 EVGA
PSU: RMX WHITE SERIES 750W 80 PLUS GOLD
Chassis: AIR FLOW CORSAIR 4000D white
Monitor: I have 3, 240HZ Odyssey samsung 25", Philips 144hz (This is my old one) , And a small one from samsung to 60hz.

So my PSU is almost new i bougth 3 months ago in hope that this would solve the problem, since my old one was turning off the pc when i was playing heavy games like cyberpunk. The old one was from corsair too 750w but was a 80 plus standart.

The BIOS version is F9 from 5/11/2021. D/M/Y

Sep 12, 2023
Just so I am sure that we are understanding. The moment you quit actively moving the mouse, it is parking to the left side of your screen?

edit- is this with a wireless or wired mouse?
Yes exatly, the mouse just moves when i make some move, but every move leeds to the left upper corner of the screen, if a liftoff the problem shows more intensively. And it happens with wireless mouse and wired mouse, i tested with both. Even the gpro superligth with the wire it dosent change anything.

Sep 12, 2023
This is what happens in Half life Blue Shift on newer systems. I have never seen it out of game. You have to toggle " raw Mouse Input"

Is there the same feature in windows control panel under Mouse IDK. But hopefully you at least have something to work with as the solution.
Thats odd because i never played half life in this pc, i just play LOL and CSGO mostly. This is driving me crazy, i am master in LOL and global in CSGO and i cant play for months now, nothing seems to work to solve the problem... i just really dont know what to do.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you manually downloading mouse drivers directly from the applicable manufacturer's websites?

Manually download, install, and configure all mouse drivers. No third party installers or tools.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Run "dism" and "sfc /scannow".

FYI:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

If the mouse jumping behavior continues take a look in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer.

Objective being to determine if there is some other unexpected or unknown process running in the background.

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free):

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Sep 12, 2023
Are you manually downloading mouse drivers directly from the applicable manufacturer's websites?

Manually download, install, and configure all mouse drivers. No third party installers or tools.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Run "dism" and "sfc /scannow".

FYI:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

If the mouse jumping behavior continues take a look in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer.

Objective being to determine if there is some other unexpected or unknown process running in the background.

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free):

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
Both brands of my mouses use Logitech Ghub or Razer Synapse to install the drivers, there are no other thing to be downloaded on theres website. I already did those standart thing like dism and sfc/scannow, and as i said even with NOTHING downloaded in the pc besides the windows in natural form the problem still there. I dont think its a sofware problem... I have something to add, my past home had some eletrical problem, that make my old tv stop working as my mothers microwave, we moved to another place now, but my new PSU had contact with the old house, is there any change that she was damaged? Because even in SAFE MODE and INSIDE the BIOS the problem still there.

I don't think its a software problem... I have something to add, my past home had some electrical problem, that make my old tv stop working as my mothers microwave,
Okay that's a bit of helpful information. If that's the case go to amazon or your local PC place you get parts from and buy a PCI-E USB daughter card.

If you do go this way buy a card that is powered with a SATA cable and look for a card with internal headers so if this fixes your lefty mouse issue you can unplug your front panel USB's from motherboard and plug into new card. your computer will seem the same.

That also had me think have you disconnected TESTING the front panels USB's wires from the motherboard and only use the rear USB's off motherboard? Does the mouse still insist on making a left.

With the new USB card If your mouse is still pulling a left than bread board system, if still pulling to the left look good inside motherboards USB slots any bent pin or missing pins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralston18

Ralston18

Titan
That you did not download anything does not exclude that something else might have done so....

Look in Update History for failed or problem updates.

Do the mice work without any problems on other known working computers: i.e., the mouse cursor etc. moves and stays as expected. Clicks working normally....

Do known working mice from other computers experience the same problem. As I understand it all thus far, other ("EVERY") mice would likewise exhibit the same cursor movement to the upper left screen corner.

= = = =

Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may be being captured when the mouse cursor gets positioned in the upper left corner.

= = = =

Note - update to @stonecarver's post that just appeared to me:

I would not expect a hardware problem to be so consistant.

Especially if the problem occurs with different mice. However, @stonecarver 's suggestion to try a USB daughter card is well worth trying.

Reactions: stonecarver
I bought like 6 different mouses and EVERY single one does the same thing.
you have tried multiple USB ports, right?

So, can you show me some tutorial on how to do this part of the windows installation?
Create Windows 11 Installation Media
straight from : https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

when installing all of your motherboard/system drivers and BIOS make sure you are downloading the latest versions available directly from your motherboard's manufacturer support pages for your specific model board.
never use 3rd party tools for installing/updating.

and make sure your graphics card drivers are coming directly from the developer(Nvidia) not the card distributor(EVGA).

Reactions: stonecarver
Sep 12, 2023
Okay that's a bit of helpful information. If that's the case go to amazon or your local PC place you get parts from and buy a PCI-E USB daughter card.

If you do go this way buy a card that is powered with a SATA cable and look for a card with internal headers so if this fixes your lefty mouse issue you can unplug your front panel USB's from motherboard and plug into new card. your computer will seem the same.

That also had me think have you disconnected TESTING the front panels USB's wires from the motherboard and only use the rear USB's off motherboard? Does the mouse still insist on making a left.

With the new USB card If your mouse is still pulling a left than bread board system, if still pulling to the left look good inside motherboards USB slots any bent pin or missing pins.
So the thing is, i thougth that could be something with my motherboard, so i bought a new one and a new CPU. A Asus tuf gaming z690 plus d4, and a i712700K, and a new RAM from kingston 16gb 3600mhz. https://prnt.sc/GH2BbG4Nn3Hr and i trying to get my money back because it dosent work either, from the very first moment that a built the pc with the new motherboard the problem was there too...

Sep 12, 2023
So the thing is, i thougth that could be something with my motherboard, so i bought a new one and a new CPU. A Asus tuf gaming z690 plus d4, and a i712700K, and a new RAM from kingston 16gb 3600mhz. https://prnt.sc/GH2BbG4Nn3Hr and i trying to get my money back because it dosent work either, from the very first moment that a built the pc with the new motherboard the problem was there too...
Thats why i suspect that some of the parts of the old pc somehow damaged the new parts, i dont know what to think anymore to be honest

NOTHING works. Its important to highlight that i tried to make a complety clean instalation of windows
I bougth like 6 different mouses and EVERY single one does the same thing
And it happens with wireless mouse and wired mouse,
I already did those standart thing like dism and sfc/scannow
PSU is almost new i bougth 3 months
So the thing is, i thougth that could be something with my motherboard, so i bought a new one and a new CPU.
No but the problem started in my old case, from thermaltake and i thougth that could be the problem to so i got this 4000D

I have something to add, my past home had some eletrical problem, that make my old tv stop working as my mothers microwave, we moved to another place now

So lets recap, your issue is mouse wants to make a left.

You said you reinstalled windows or you kind of said that.

You have a new 6 or so mice....................all do the same thing!

You have a new CPU.

You have a new Motherboard.

You have a new case.

You have a new Power supply.

You have nothing left that can carry over from old system to new system.
You have moved!

You also mentioned it does it in bios so that count's out the hard drive.

So this issues seems more and more not legit.

You said you run three monitors. Only use one

At this point is this post an AI post?

So all you have left from original parts is the GPU to check Or you have a poltergeist. If your legit man you must have pissed off Murphy in a bad way as in Murphy's Law. Best to you

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
Sep 12, 2023
So lets recap, your issue is mouse wants to make a left.

You said you reinstalled windows or you kind of said that.

You have a new 6 or so mice....................all do the same thing!

You have a new CPU.

You have a new Motherboard.

You have a new case.

You have a new Power supply.

You have nothing left that can carry over from old system to new system.
You have moved!

You also mentioned it does it in bios so that count's out the hard drive.

So this issues seems more and more not legit.

You said you run three monitors. Only use one

At this point is this post an AI post?

So all you have left from original parts is the GPU to check Or you have a poltergeist. If your legit man you must have pissed off Murphy in a bad way as in Murphy's Law. Best to you
Man i wish this was lie, you have no ideia how much time i am trying to solve this, i spent all my economis in this new setup in hope that this would finally solve my problem and it dosent... the only thing that can carry something is the peripherals it self no? i dont know at this point to be honest, that why i am here because i dont know what to do. I have no reason to be lying...

Well the only last ditch idea is you have bootleg software on your computer. Bootleg Windows , bootleg game you keep installing .

In the early 2000's if you installed a pirated game it would seem all went well. But the more you played weird things would happen. Your shots no longer hit . Your use key no longer functioned in whatever game so no matter how many times you tried to open a door in game to move on you were stuck. The mouse in FarCry just stopped working all together.

The only time it still happens to a legit game is Rainbow 6 siege when you exit the game the mouse will park it's self to the left like you said. After about 10 to 15 sec the game fully releases grip on mouse.

If this is the case the forum does not help with pirated Windows or games.

ALL your hardware has been changed and your still with the lefty mouse.

But you say In bios i does it as well so. Pulling the full story out of you to help you has been daunting.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
@Guilherme Obeica

I have not noted anything thing that suggests "you" as being an AI or bot.

= = = =

That said, I am curious about the image of the new motherboard.

Is that the way the motherboard(s) were delivered? Or are now being packaged and delivered?

I would expect that the motherboard would simply be slid into and out of the anti-static bag/envelope.

The image appears to show a hole cut into the bag.

The anti-static packaging was completely removed before installing the motherboards - correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.