Question Everything is malfunctioning Rampage 3 extreme

ar_0

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015
So everything worked fine in my system for some time, except that one of my HDDs (not boot) was disconnecting randomly. After some troubleshooting, I decided to change the SATA cables of all the drives because I discovered that I was using cables from an older MB and not the one I'm currently using. When I booted, Windows (7) asked to restart to "apply changes", and I have no idea what changes these were, it didn't say and I didn't change anything. After booting, the default audio device disappeared and Realtek audio didn't appear in Device Manager. So, I went for a restart, only this time the system won't go into BIOS or boot at all.

Then I disconnected everything from the MB, and reconnected everything again. The system booted fine, and there was sound, but the sound kept going and coming. I restarted... no sound and no Realtek again. I restarted and AGAIN, the system won't boot or go into BIOS.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE August 4th 2019: Looks like I, the idiot that I am, damaged this beautiful piece of art MB while trying change the cables.

Last edited:

ar_0

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015
Quick update... in case anyone can explain what's happening. I took my system to a repair shop. It is still at the repair shop. The PC boots now, but some drivers are gone. They were installed, but they disappeared. No sound driver, no graphics driver, and no Bluetooth driver. They will install them. But how can drivers just disappear?

Last edited: