Question Everything is unclickable except the window I'm on

Jul 21, 2019
Hey, so I've been having these really weird problems with Windows as of late - both 8.1 and 10. Let me recap.

- Windows will randomly freeze completely, safe for the window I'm in when the "bug" occurs.

-The taskbar will also be frozen HOWEVER, I've had one occurrence where the taskbar was the only thing I could click on and everything else became unclickable.

-This is definitely related, even though it sounds unrelated. My "back one page" bind on my Logitech mouse doesn't work. However the "forward one page" button works. I've also realized that sometimes Chrome will decide to go back one page completely randomly (only occurs when the bug is active.)

This happened to me when I had Windows 8.1, so the only logical fix to that problem was to reinstall. Instead of doing that I decided to instead buy a Win 10 key and install it.

I thought everything was fine, there was absolutely not a single sign of that bug after the Win 10 installation (I could even go back one page with that one mouse bind I have.)

It took two days for that bug to reappear, and at this point I'm legit just considering buying a completely new computer. I know it's not a RAT or anything like that since my mouse doesn't behave on its own or anything.

I'm completely out of options and I need your help really badly. I've seen a few people with the same problem, but nobody had any answer for them. PLEASE HELP

P.S.: I have a feeling it has something to do with Logitech drivers. I know they're able to mess with Windows in a myriad of weird, weird ways. But it may also not be that. I don't know.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the model for your Logitech mouse. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Did you recreate the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools to rule out a corrupt installer? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your platform.

It might be with Logitech drivers, you could try and uninstall the device from Device Manager and see if rebooting it, without internet connectivity changes your experience.

Jul 21, 2019
Hello I'm back. Reason I didn't respond is because the problem stopped, randomly the day I sent this. Just like that, completely out of nowhere. And now they're back and I'm pissed.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8300

Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING (MS-7693)

Ram: 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3

SSD/HDD: 931GB MB1000EAMZE (HDD)
223GB ADATA SU650 (SSD)
465GB Hitachi HGST Touro Mobile 3.0 SCSI Disk Device (That's my external drive I use for images, music, etc)

GPU: Recently upgraded to an RX 570. But that's not the problem.

PSU: Forgot, I think it's something by Deepcool. Doubt that's the issue

Chassis: Deepcool Tesseract

The mouse is a Logitech G602

Same problems as before. They randomly showed up today when I booted up my PC. Can't use the shortcut to go back on an internet page on my mouse and after around 10 minutes after I boot I get stuck on one window (or the taskbar sometimes)

Jul 21, 2019
Little update:

Disabling a random program through task manager seems to let me click on stuff if the issue is currently occurring. However, minutes later, the issue will reappear and I'll be once again stuck on the window I am currently on.

My mouse shortcut is still broken though. Indicating that the issue is never gone.

Last edited: