News EVGA Abandons the GPU Market, Reportedly Citing Conflicts With Nvidia

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is quite interesting, my 3070Ti, also with GDDR6X VRAM, runs at around 60-65°C and 70-75°C hotspot, with VRAM temps basically perfectly in the middle of them. No pad exchange required. Highest I have seen was 75°C on average on a very hot summer day I think. Still pretty save. I'm not sure what the issue with bigger cards is exactly, if the issue lies with early models or a general construction error. I don't have a FE card, though, so that might point at the FE being not so well constructed, or at least the pad being bad?

Meanwhile, all AMD cards I had, and all tests I have seen, ran higher. Worst was the card I had that ran to 120°C and then shut down the PC - in GW2, which really isn't all that graphically demanding and never was.
The Founders Edition 3070 Ti without any mods got GDDR6X temps well above 100C if you tried mining. I think even FurMark got it to 100C, and that was only with eight chips. Better cards did not get as hot, obviously, but the FE designs were not awesome IMO.

As for AMD, if you never tried the RDNA or RDNA 2 cards, I can definitely corroborate your experience. Polaris and Vega ran hot, so did the earlier "Southern Islands" and "Northern Islands" architectures. RDNA 2 is quite nice by comparison, and even the reference designs with GDDR6 don't get particularly loud or hot in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.