EVGA Intros GeForce GTX Titan X With Hybrid Water Cooling Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLawlessGaming

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
Cool! I wonder how somebody would fit three of these in their full tower?

I don't imagine it would be a huge problem because the tubing is coming out the side, not the bottom of the card. If you had 3 x 120mm fan mounts on your side panel, it would probably work perfectly,

MrLehi99

Honorable
Jan 30, 2015
Pretty sad that nvidia needs a closed loop solution to properly cool their card. I bet itb doubles as a space heater in the winter. /s
Uh, they don't need a water cooler, it can comfortably run in the mid nineties if it needs to and the stock blower cooler does just fine with really decent noise output. The stock cooler also looks pretty damn awesome on the Titan X. All this card is for is to squeeze out some more high end users who want water cooling performance, but don't want the price of a custom loop.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I am sure that the air cooled Titan is still great even if the stock speed is set to maintain safe temps. With water cooling the chart dropped from 85 to 50, I know that's hype but it's significant. I o/c my lesser geforce, but I find that after it heats up to 60C, it slows back down to stock turbo speed. Titan X does not need to be water cooled. But I want the w/c one so I can O/c the hell out of it.

"Pretty sad that nvidia needs a closed loop solution to properly cool their card. I bet itb doubles as a space heater in the winter

Yeah, they should be ashamed of themselves.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/his-radeon-r9-290x-hybrid-iceq-review,1.html

The Titan (275 watts) pulls less wattage than other cards that it crushes performance wise:

7970 - 301 watts (108 % faster at 1080p)
R9 290 - 325 watts (56% faster)
R9 290x - 328 watts (45% faster)
7970 Gz Ed - 343 watts (89 % faster)
295x2 - 646 watts (8 % faster)

The only reason EVGA did this would appear "me to" the hybrid R9s that are out was well as the upcoming 390x.

To my eyes us ....this is a silly idea. Peeps use 120, 140, 240, 280 radiators for their 130 watt overclocked CPUs but a 120mm rad will be just fine for a 275 watt load ? Obviously this idea came out of the marketing department.

Guess ya missed this from 3 posts up .... and all the other far less capable single GPU cards that listed that give off more heat than the Titan X

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/his-radeon-r9-290x-hybrid-iceq-review,1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.