[SOLVED] EVGA NU Audio Card Question - Have 2.75 thick GPU, will this audio card fit? Will it cause airflow problems to the GPU?

Bears133

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
I wanted to get the EVGA NU Audio Card and install it in my PC. My only concern is that it might not fit or might be a tight fit in the pc. The other concern is airflow to the GPU. Here is a picture of where my GPU is currently and the slot for the audio card below it (to the left of M.2 ssd slots). Looking at the back of the PC it looks like the card will go one slot under the lowest slot on the GPU. So 1 slot gap between GPU and the audio card.

Will I have issues fitting this card? Will this card cause airflow problems?

Solution
No, it should work, even if longer and I think that it is controlled by chipset, not by CPU. Just test it and, if not working, move the card to the upper slot. No issues regarding cooling.
Cool, thanks!

Do audio cards get hot btw? I am considering putting it at the very bottom now. Will it still need some airflow?

It will be no issues in terms of temps. I have the Sound Blaster AE5 in the bottom slot with my huge MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X in the top GPU slot and no issues on temps, especially on the AE5 sound card. The sound card just does not run hot....In fact looking at your picture, my setup is exactly the same and I have the soundcard in the small black PCIe slot 2nd down from your GPU....

View: https://imgur.com/GPa5ct4

Last edited: