EVGA Releases GTX 970 With Hybrid Cooling Solution

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamacow

Admirable
what sucks about AIO coolers is either the pump goes out, leaks or drys out by 3 years of use. I haven't come across any AIO cooler that has lasted longer than that. Didn't matter which brand, though some last up to 3 years, others go only a year. I wouldn't touch any AIO cooler with a yard stick.

0MN1P073N7

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
I put the hybrid cooler on my reference 980 sc. On air I had it set to throttle at 80c which it did all the time. On the hybrid loop I don't go over 45c under full load, it's quiet, and I threw a 2ghz oc on memory and 500mhz at the core clock. I couldn't be happier

Ashish_95

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
So far , Evga is the best graphic cards available for gaming industry.if u compare with other brands , Evga will beat them .
i have personally experience and tested with several brands . satisfied with products quality

ErikVinoya

Honorable
May 11, 2014
As the the alleged 970 RAM controversy, two things...

You'd have to wonder, the card is more than a year old and there are people like cris who still can't get over this.

Back to the article, I've always thought that the only way you can justify a price premium on hybrid coolers is when you stick them to the flagship cards. You know, the cards where nothing else is better, and only by OC'ing can you get more power.

Putting this on a 970 and raising its price near 980 levels is just plain pointless

Yes the only reason someone would buy this is if they're one of those people who go "OH MY GOSH! Watercooling! That must be so much better for my 970."

Status
Not open for further replies.