Question evga rtx 3060 ti fans refuse to turn on

atwitsend

Distinguished
May 17, 2014
Hey, I recently started playing around with evga prevision x1 to fix my 3060's fans from turning off and on way to much and noticed the fans just won't cooperate.

when i set the fans speed to auto and adjust the fan curves to their default settings 2 out of 3 fans dont turn on while the gpu temperature goes into the 55+ range.

Screenshot-2024-08-01-170142.jpg

Screenshot-2024-08-01-170201.jpg

Screenshot-2024-08-01-170212.jpg

i was trying to follow this video but was met without success:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWvtqs0rMQ

Adjusting the fan speeds to manual gets the temperature back down to the low 40's but fan 1 does not turn on and causes it to sporadically turn off and on making a grinding sound:

Screenshot-2024-08-01-170953.jpg

and just a disclaimer I am a total noob at tuning hardware :(

Aug 1, 2024
If there’s a grinding noise there could be something loose/or broke off or even somthing the managed to get into the case. I would recommend you take that fan off and take a closer look to identify the noise it make give you a idea of why it’s not working the way it’s supposed to

atwitsend

Distinguished
May 17, 2014
from what i've read it's the sound when the fan starts up and then shuts off suddenly. There is no cables touching it and the fan isn't loose. This is what I am trying to fix and im curious if theres a way to just keep all 3 fans on by default.

Aug 1, 2024
from what i've read it's the sound when the fan starts up and then shuts off suddenly. There is no cables touching it and the fan isn't loose. This is what I am trying to fix and im curious if theres a way to just keep all 3 fans on by default.
Hmm if you have extender spots to plug the fan wires into each other that might work if it’s the fan ports themselves or try moving around where you have them plugged in at my new mother board (if I get it working)has about 6 fan connections while my old one only had like 3 so I know that might not be possible depending on the board