Question ASUS ROG Strix B550 - XE Motherboard unable to boot?

Aug 1, 2024
Software info
Mother board

ASUS ROG Strix B550-XE Gaming Wi-Fi​

CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 6-core

Graphics
Unsure which model but works just fine

Ran into a pretty big issue while replacing my motherboard and cpu. I can turn it on all the fans run great leds and all, the error reader displays no error code just the standard 00.

At first I thought it was my power supply not being strong enough cause there was a red light by the 8 pin power cable but that was my own fault as I had some how plugged it in backwards

Light when away after but computer still doesn’t seem to have much life the graphics card works with the old mother board and my boyfriends pc just fine

I suspect it has somthing to do with the boot process not going correctly as the 4 lights on the upper right hand side of the motherboard are not turning on at all and I’m pretty sure their supposed to do that when it starts to boot. My old motherboard didn’t have any lights tho and so I’m unsure of when their supposed to turn on

There’s no display going to the computer tried both the graphics and on board ports with both my monitors. And all my ports are receiving power.

The Blu-ray drive have power as well and can open and close just fine but my usb connection will flash their leds before turning back off but are still receiving power according to my usb extenders power light.

The power button on the case turns the computer on just fine but after it’s on it’s almost as if it’s deactivated the light next to the button won’t flash like normal and the button and reset switch won’t do anything but again the usb ports that are right by them are receiving power.

I do not have a 4 pin plugged in my power source isn’t modular and doesn’t have one.

I did try running with minimum connections and ddr4 sticks but that didn’t seem to make any difference either.