[SOLVED] Excessive night time battery drain

Goofygiggles

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
I know lots of people have this problem but I can never find a proper solution, and I've had good luck on this site so I'm posting this here.

I've had a Motorola E4 plus for over a year, and the battery is fantastic. I can get two days out of it usually. Well, recently, Android system has been sucking my battery down at night and I can't figure out why (I haven't changed anything). The only solution I've tried is uninstalling apps I don't use, clearing app caches, and rebooting my phone daily. If someone has a solution to this issue please let me know. Thanks!
41b35bb06b58eba5871b73de2672db12.jpg

Solution
Do you, by any chance, have your portable hotspot feature turned on?

If so, the power consumption when nothing is connected (that is generally when away from home) is fairly minimal, but if something does automatically connect once at home and the phone is actually acting as a hotspot, that will drain the battery much faster.

It may not be your issue, but it's one worth checking if you happen to use the hotspot feature.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Do you, by any chance, have your portable hotspot feature turned on?

If so, the power consumption when nothing is connected (that is generally when away from home) is fairly minimal, but if something does automatically connect once at home and the phone is actually acting as a hotspot, that will drain the battery much faster.

It may not be your issue, but it's one worth checking if you happen to use the hotspot feature.

Solution