Exclusive: ASRock X99 Professional Preview; X99 OC Formula Shared, Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp231

Splendid
I see one has that ancient dinosaur Fatality name on it who just play games and the other by OCer Nick Shih. The other difference is as mentioned in the article, extra heatsink on OC and Fatality has the Killer Lan. Looks like OC has the Killer lan too without the "Killer" EMI shield. Too lazy to bother looking it up.
I'll take the OC one, cause that Killer logo...
What network card do you use?
*In a immature high pitch voice* I use Killa! :|

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I see one has that ancient dinosaur Fatality name on it who just play games and the other by OCer Nick Shih. The other difference is as mentioned in the article, extra heatsink on OC and Fatality has the Killer Lan. Looks like OC has the Killer lan too without the "Killer" EMI shield. Too lazy to bother looking it up.
I'll take the OC one, cause that Killer logo...
What network card do you use?
*In a immature high pitch voice* I use Killa! :|

I doubt the average console kiddie would be able to afford the x99 platform... so I don't see the "I use Killa!" happening :p

Hellfish

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
No video out? I realise that you would be running a dgpu 99% of the time on this platform but it's still useful. Also I prefer the extreme 6 layout with the two nics adjacent to each other, but that's just me.

Mr_Meow

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
No video out? I realise that you would be running a dgpu 99% of the time on this platform but it's still useful. Also I prefer the extreme 6 layout with the two nics adjacent to each other, but that's just me.
No point in having video out if there's nothing to produce graphics on the board/chip :\.

Status
Not open for further replies.