[SOLVED] Exiting games to Desktop without error

omiddmc4

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
Hi guys.

Recently, I have encountered a strange problem with my PC. Every time that I want to play a game (let's say Mafia: Definitive Edition or RDR 2), after playing about 10-15 minutes, it exits to Desktop without any error. It's interesting that games run smoothly until they crash and my PC is good enough even to handle RDR2 in ultra quality.
I really don't know what is the problem. My case is always clean and I don't think it's about overheating.
These are my system specs-

Intel i7-4770k
G-skill trident 1600 MHZ (there 2x 4gb and 1x8gb)
Gigabyte Z97-gaming 7
MSI 1070ti Gaming X
WD 2TB HDD

Solution
Hi again.

I ran memtest64 for 3.5 hours and there weren't any errors whatsoever, all the 13 tests passed for 4 rounds.
In the meantime, I found something interesting.
I put the case on the desk and opened one side of it to observe the performance of fans while I am playing. Surprisingly there wasn't any crash in the middle of games anymore. I played RDR2 for about 1 hour at ultra and it ran without any crash.

What do you think about this?
May have been temp issues where ever it was before on the desk wasn't allowing enough airflow through the tower for cooling may be time to re thermal.
Hi guys.

Recently, I have encountered a strange problem with my PC. Every time that I want to play a game (let's say Mafia: Definitive Edition or RDR 2), after playing about 10-15 minutes, it exits to Desktop without any error. It's interesting that games run smoothly until they crash and my PC is good enough even to handle RDR2 in ultra quality.
I really don't know what is the problem. My case is always clean and I don't think it's about overheating.
These are my system specs-

Intel i7-4770k
G-skill trident 1600 MHZ (there 2x 4gb and 1x8gb)
Gigabyte Z97-gaming 7
MSI 1070ti Gaming X
WD 2TB HDD
The issue could be the two different sets of ram. Ram dosn't like talking to second partys. You may give it a try with just one 8gb stick then try to the two 4gb sticks

Reactions: omiddmc4

omiddmc4

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
The issue could be the two different sets of ram. Ram dosn't like talking to second partys. You may give it a try with just one 8gb stick then try to the two 4gb sticks

I understand your point, but I have been playing games in ultra qualtiy with two sets for more than 1 year and all of them were without any problem. I have experienced this problem during the past .3-4 days

omiddmc4

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
Ahh then it maybe one is failing i would still try seperate sticks

Hi again.

I ran memtest64 for 3.5 hours and there weren't any errors whatsoever, all the 13 tests passed for 4 rounds.
I put the case on the desk and opened one side of it to observe the performance of fans while I am playing. Surprisingly there wasn't any crash in the middle of games anymore. I played RDR2 for about 1 hour at ultra and it ran without any crash.

Hi again.

May have been temp issues where ever it was before on the desk wasn't allowing enough airflow through the tower for cooling may be time to re thermal.

Solution