[SOLVED] Expanding storage

HeartlessKH

Honorable
Mar 20, 2015
I have a 240gb m.2 drive with windows installed and just bought a 500gb ssd hoping to expand my storage. I was wondering if there was a way to add the 500 gb to the c: drive instead of making a new drive. If not, what would be the best way to configure them in order to get the most storage?

Solution
I have a 240gb m.2 drive with windows installed and just bought a 500gb ssd hoping to expand my storage. I was wondering if there was a way to add the 500 gb to the c: drive instead of making a new drive. If not, what would be the best way to configure them in order to get the most storage?
Only way to "ad to C:" is to use Storage Spaces in windows but I wouldn't recommend it, if anything happens to one disk or windows it will make other disk unusable.
Best way is to install new disk and when you have to install a new program/game just point it's installer to new disk. Some files will still stay on C. but not all.
Every Browser can be configured to downlad files to new drive too, as well when you save something from programs...
Only way to "ad to C:" is to use Storage Spaces in windows but I wouldn't recommend it, if anything happens to one disk or windows it will make other disk unusable.
Best way is to install new disk and when you have to install a new program/game just point it's installer to new disk. Some files will still stay on C. but not all.
Every Browser can be configured to downlad files to new drive too, as well when you save something from programs you can choose to save them to second disk.

Solution