Question Experiencing problems with Sonic Generations PC, What do I do?

Jun 27, 2024
Hi everyone. I had a switch pro controller connected to my computer, and one day Sonic Generations decides to randomize most of my controller inputs to different buttons, while not letting me do the rest. So I try Proconxinput, a third party software for Switch pro controllers that emulates it to a X360 controller, and my controller would not connect at all after I installed it.

I did everything the YouTube installation guide told me to, and it completely messed up my computer to the point where keyboard inputs didn't work. So I uninstalled and got an x box controller from Micro Center, and for 2 days there was no problem besides Generations' usual slow performance and lagging. Until last night, the exact same problem of randomizing inputs came back after the screen lagged for a bit, I couldn't even move Sonic until after pausing and resuming the game.

I got on google, searching for others with the same problem hoping to find an answer, and came across someone suggesting the OP to disable steam input for that game, so I did that before testing the game. Things were going fine, until the familiar screen lag came back, I expected the input problem again, but no, my controller just disconnected from the game, no buttons worked. People keep telling me to use steam's built in drivers and configuration, what do you think I've been doing?

If that made a difference I wouldn't be trying all these different software and suggestions. I've posted to every forum and chat room that I have access to with some help potential for this problem, and I have nothing, I’ve come back empty handed. What options do I have for fixing this issue?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor for any unknown or unexpected apps or processes that are running. May be being launched via Startup or triggered via Task Scheduler.