Experts: Apple Fans Wait in Line for the Sense of Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
"it reassures them that their decision to buy the product in question is a correct one"

When I want to reassure myself that purchasing something is the correct decision, I read the specs before buying.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
This reminds me of people lining up for food during Soviet era :)
http://www.geardiary.com/2010/08/20/in-the-soviet-era-people-lined-up-for-bread-but-in-1990/

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Tom please fix the comments, if i log in i lose my submitted comments? .... BLAH not typing it again but basically I called it Live Gorilla Forums. Apple didn't start this...

G

Or cuz those loosers dont have a life lol.

Heeeeey look at meeeeee!!!! im an aaapleeee sheeeeeep .......

maybe it is just my anti-social nature, but when I see a group of people all moving in the same direction I have the irresistible urge to go somewhere else. If everyone is moving towards something then it generally means that whatever they are looking for is probably already gone, or else they are an unthinking mob that will probably end up suffering from groupthink and cause some form of harm in the process.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
This just in. 99% protest's noticed a 99% decrease in protestors during the 2 days prior to the release of (insert Apple product release here).

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
On a more constructive note, I can totally understand the sense of community. The reason why I like going to a game store for midnight releases instead of downloading it online is because I like meeting other people who enjoy the same games as I do. However I usually go about half an hour or fifteen minutes before midnight, and not 8 days early...

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]maybe it is just my anti-social nature, but when I see a group of people all moving in the same direction I have the irresistible urge to go somewhere else. If everyone is moving towards something then it generally means that whatever they are looking for is probably already gone, or else they are an unthinking mob that will probably end up suffering from groupthink and cause some form of harm in the process.[/citation]

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

[citation][nom]chairman ray[/nom]"it reassures them that their decision to buy the product in question is a correct one"When I want to reassure myself that purchasing something is the correct decision, I read the specs before buying.[/citation]

It's the idea that x million people can't be wrong. Easily debunked by the idea that earth is flat.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Maybe the reason so many are in line is because they only have ONE new phone a year to choose from!
Of course there are no lines for any other phone as they have multiple devices on sale to choose from through out the year.

emjayy

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Sounds pathetic no matter how you look at it. Sorry, folks, but if something makes you act like a crack junkie, it ain't normal or healthy. It's a sign of some significant underlying psychological pathology.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
iTards of the world unite...
Wonder if there would be a big gaping hole infront of the store would they just go over the ledge like lemmings till the hole fills up?

Stop laughing, people; my barista is in the picture...

On a serious note, this is sad and pitiful.
@otacon72: of course there are fanatics everywhere, but you have to take into account the percentage of people that qualify as such. That's why iPeople (I don't call them iTards, iSheep or anything lessening unless they do it first) got the attention of psychologists, because the phenomenon is seriously widespread.

Status
Not open for further replies.