EXPLORER SICK

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
DELL VOSTRO 1510 VISTA INTERNET EXPLORER 8,,PROTECTION MODE ON,AVIRA FREE VERSION ANTI VIRUS,DISC CLEANED AND DEFRAGED,CC CLEAN ,DRWEBCUREIT EXPRESS SCAN HAVENT FOUND ANYTHING,TUNE UP UTILITIES ,EVERY MOVE MAKE ON COMPUTER LIKE FROM ONE LINK /SITE TO ANOTHER ,IT FREEZES FOR HALF MINUTE AND SAYES ALL THE WAY TOP ON SCREEN ,INTERNET EXPLORER PROVIDED BY DELL NOT RESPONDING ,AND ALSO POP UP MICROSOFT WINDOWS ;INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING

Solution

I would not use memturbo for anything.
Duplicate cleaner, if you know you have several files that you put on that are the same, use it to clean those up. Never use a program like that to clean up Windows files or program files.

Do not run any automatic cleanup programs, registry fixers, speed up programs unless you know the guts of your system and what the files the programs work on do.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

HD Tune Pro`SHOWED ALL O.K.

If you are having issues after all of this, you need to re-install Windows. After all the issues it does not look like it will run right again till that happens. Backup your files first though, or get a new drive for the new installation and keep the old drive as a backup.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

yes an going to upgrade to windows 7 from vista
in the mean time i found two programs ,wondering if they would be helpful in any windows
1]duplicate cleaner 2.0
2]memturbo 4
to keep computer runing smooth and fluent ;???

I would not use memturbo for anything.
Duplicate cleaner, if you know you have several files that you put on that are the same, use it to clean those up. Never use a program like that to clean up Windows files or program files.

Do not run any automatic cleanup programs, registry fixers, speed up programs unless you know the guts of your system and what the files the programs work on do.

Solution

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

not use memturbo;its due to fear of unknown,' or known to cause fear ??
already began to ask ,let me further ask about defrag;should use windows defrag or auslogics disk defrag ??

and to be complete let me ask all left for me to ask if you dont mind ;

1] program called anti netcut 2.0 to keep internet connection alive at all times ;i been having lots of disconnections for couple seconds here and there;

2]a full diagnostic tool so to say called nmap 5.51 any idea about them ?

sincere
star stern

Programs that claim to speed up computers were shown to do nothing, or make tweaks that anyone can do for free. In fact, many of them slow down a system.

Never used the other 2 programs, but disconnections would not be caused by software, check your router and ISP.