$Extend\$UsnJrnl deletion win7

mikey1871

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Ya know i came to Tomshardware because i didn't want a stupid microsoft crappy answer. You know, an answer that actually tells me how to delete the 25Gigabyte bs file that isn't needed in the first place.

No disrespect to "COLGeek" but your answer isn't an answer. Oh and i guess i did neglect to state in my previous post that i've already ran the Checkdisk function on my system and Diskeeper12 keeps informing me that this bull crap file is still 25 GB.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
A successful answer for a previous user is indeed a solid recommendation.

As you have now provided more information, then others may be able to assist further. Next time, please post as much as possible as to steps already taken. You tend to get better answers/recommendations as a result.

Did you try running the "fsutil usn deletejournal /n c:" command from an elevated (run as administrator) cmd prompt?

mikey1871

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I do not know how to do the following:
Did you try running the "fsutil usn deletejournal /n c:" command from an elevated (run as administrator) cmd prompt?

I'm sorry, but i'm not exactly sure how to use the cmd prompt in an elevated capacity.

mikey1871

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
hi and merry christmas COLGeek... ok so thanks for telling me where to do the administrator cmd prompt. below is what i got.

Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
copyright crap
C:\Users\myusername>:fsutil usn deletejournal /n c:

C:\Users\myusername>

Is that the correct response i'm looking for, COLGeek?