Question External keyboard keeps pasting clipboard contents on random keystrokes

Dec 16, 2019
I've just purchased a new HP wireless keyboard and mouse for my laptop, and for some weird reason the keyboard will occasionally paste the contents of my clipboard on random keypresses. I've heard of issues where this has happened for other people when they press shift (being an insert button issue), but this happens for any key for me - A, CTRL, Shift, Backspace....

Does this sound like a hardware issue or a software issue?

Ralston18

Titan
CRTL-V is the "paste" key combination.

Start by downloading the applicable keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's/HP's website. Reinstall and reconfigure as applicable.

Try the new keyboard and mouse on another known working computer.

Try another known working keyboard and mouse on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the keyboard/mouse or stays with your computer.

Dec 16, 2019
CRTL-V is the "paste" key combination.

Start by downloading the applicable keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's/HP's website. Reinstall and reconfigure as applicable.

Try the new keyboard and mouse on another known working computer.

Try another known working keyboard and mouse on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the keyboard/mouse or stays with your computer.

I did have a look for the drivers but HP doesn’t have any specific drivers for the product. I should have mentioned that it’s a laptop I’m using them for and the issue only pertains to the wireless keyboard, not the built in one.

Ralston18

Titan
HP wireless keyboard and mouse but not on a HP laptop - correct?

What make and model laptop?

Do you try disabling the laptop's built in keyboard and maybe the touchpad as well? Do so before using the HP wireless keyboard. Look in Device Manager.

Does the HP wireless keyboard work on another computer?