Question External keyboard works on laptop but not on PC ?

Aug 25, 2023
So, this is my setup:

OMEN PC (RTX3080/Ryzen 5700G/32GB)
Laptop HP i5 (work laptop, nothing fancy)
Rybozen USB KVM switch:
- connections in: Logitech G502 mouse, Corsair K55 keyboard, ring light, webcam
- connections out: usb to PC, usb to laptop, usb to laptop for power

Everything has been working beautifully for a couple of months since buying the KVM switch. Everything switches smoothly.

I noticed today that my keyboard started acting up and not typing intermittently, and now not at all when switched to my PC.

Things I have tried:
Switching back and forth between laptop and PC - keyboard works fine with laptop, not with PC and doesn't type at all.
Connecting my keyboard directly to my PC - keyboard doesn't work at all.
Restarted PC - keyboard still not working
Updated drivers - keyboard still not working (on PC)
Checked for updates on iCUE software - everything up to date (on PC)
Swapped the KVM connections between the PC and the laptop - keyboard still not working with PC
Switched to laptop - keyboard working fine
Connected keyboard to a different port on KVM switch - working fine on laptop, not working on PC

Please please help! I don't understand how it can work fine with the laptop and not with the PC. I have switched out my keyboard and this keyboard is working fine. I initially blamed the KVM switch but I feel I have now eliminated that so I am stumped as I can't think of what else to try.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

On the PC, go into Device Manager and choose the option for Hidden Devices, expand Keyboards, and see if you find anything in grey for the keyboard. If so, remove it. Do the same thing for Human Interface Devices. It might ask you if you want to completely remove the drivers, do so and then reboot and let it either re-acquire them or reinstall the latest ones.

You might also try Corsair's Keyboard Troubleshooter.

Aug 25, 2023
On the PC, go into Device Manager and choose the option for Hidden Devices, expand Keyboards, and see if you find anything in grey for the keyboard. If so, remove it. Do the same thing for Human Interface Devices. It might ask you if you want to completely remove the drivers, do so and then reboot and let it either re-acquire them or reinstall the latest ones.

You might also try Corsair's Keyboard Troubleshooter.

Aug 25, 2023
Thanks so much. I tried your suggestion and found lots of greyed out items so deleted them all and rebooted the PC, but no change. I tried the reset option under Corsair troubleshooting and that seemed to make it worse. It's utterly baffling and I can't understand why nothing is working