Question Extracting Data of username and serial number from registry file AKA .reg file

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamshawky

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
Hello Everyone I have downloaded program of power iso for creating iso images and burning CDs the downloading files in rar folder contained the installation file and .reg or registry file the registry file changed some values inside the power iso program inside window's main registry and that allowed the program to be registered by a certain username and certain registry key. When I opened the program and headed to about PowerIso menu I only could see the registered username which was added as a value and coming from the.reg file. I believe that the power iso registration code which was associated with the specific username is already there inside the registry file (.reg file).
So my question is: Can I get the actual value in text form for the username and the registration key so I can use them individually to register another power iso program which is installed at another computer? if yes could you help me and tell me the steps I should follow to extract these information from the .reg file. Thank you
PS: I uploaded the .reg file to this link so you can check!<Redacted by Moderator>
I tried to open the .reg file in text editor and found a lot of hexadecimal values tried to transfer them into text and it didn't work

Last edited by a moderator:

iamshawky

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
This is a paid application that installs for and registers to ONE user?
The user has already bought the license for the program and he posted on a forum and shares the license as .reg file so when any other user will download the registry file and run it to his PC the registry files will go to the window's main registry and detects the installed power iso version and changes it's values in the registry level and that leads to changing the license of program and be registered to specific username and serial number. so I am looking for a way to extract the username and serial number from the registry file without the need to let it run and changing values inside the registry of windows, I wanna enter the license data manually without the need to let the .reg file changes values into the window's registry

kanewolf

Titan
The user has already bought the license for the program and he posted on a forum and shares the license as .reg file so when any other user will download the registry file and run it to his PC the registry files will go to the window's main registry and detects the installed power iso version and changes it's values in the registry level and that leads to changing the license of program and be registered to specific username and serial number. so I am looking for a way to extract the username and serial number from the registry file without the need to let it run and changing values inside the registry of windows, I wanna enter the license data manually without the need to let the .reg file changes values into the window's registry
This is software piracy. No assistance will be provided. Software piracy violates forum rules.
Thread closed.

USAFRet

Titan
"shares the license"?
That does not sound legit in any way.

Either download the free level of PowerISO:

Or purchase it for $39.95
https://www.poweriso.com/order.php

Whatever license he got when he actually purchased it, enter that when it asks.
Let it do whatever it needs with the reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.