Nov 12, 2023
Hi! yesterday I received my new gaming laptop, a HP Victus 16 with an i5 11400h and rtx 3050, once I installed all my apps I decided to use HWmonitor to check the temperatures of the components, after opening the app the first thing I saw was that the max temp from the cpu it had already hit 100 degrees celsius, and a second later it came back to 50 -60 degrees , after a couple of checks I noticed that it had a large amount of temp spikes hitting the high 80s and 90s all while being plugged in.
So I decided to undervolt the pc and disable turbo boost and now I´m hitting at max 88 degrees when playing RDR2 and idling at 32-40 degrees , but it left me thinking if it´s normal to have that amout on temp spikes even when opening chrome and some other apps that are not that cpu intesive.
I was wondering if this behaviour it´s normal on a gaming computer.
Thanks for checking my post!!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the first thing I saw was that the max temp from the cpu it had already hit 100 degrees celsius
This is normal since the 9th gen of processors. Same story with AMD's Ryzen mobile platform processors.

What aspects of the laptop did you undervolt? You're advised to undervolt the CPU core, cache and iGPU, then the discrete GPU.

Nov 12, 2023
I did the undervolt through OMEN Gaming hub, I got to -0.080v and decided not to test any lower.
Do you think that with those temps the cpu performance reduced? I did some benchmarks on cinebench and in multicore I scored 1000 points less and in sigle core I was on par.

TRENDING THREADS