Question Extremely low score in Unigine Heaven Benchmark with a 3070 Ti, how is it possible ?

sammael1984

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
Hello, guys, I recently replaced my dead GTX 980 with a 3070 Ti. I ran Unigine Heaven Benchmark, and my score is around 1500 every time. By the way, I also replaced my PSU with an Enermax Revolution D.F 850W 80+ Gold. I ran out of money, so I won't be able to get a new MOBO and CPU until the end of this year. I play exclusively at 1080p because I use an old TV as a display and it can only go up to 1080p / 60hz. I knew for the start that this would create a significant bottleneck, but I wasn't expecting such a low score. I have been playing Elden Ring maxed out without a problem. Temps are great, and I get consistent 60 fps all the time. I know the benchmark software is pretty dated, but still... I have looked around people who have/had the same CPU that I have paired with a 2080 Ti (which is very similar to my 3070 Ti) getting far better results.

Am I doing something wrong in here? Should I use a different GPU benchmark software? I don't want to put too much stress on my GPU, to be honest. I just want to know if I am missing something here.

I would appreciate it if you could help a brother out.

Thanks, guys.

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming
Memory: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital WDC (SATA )
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 Ultra Gaming
PSU: Enermax Revolution D.F 850W 80+ Gold
Case: NZXT H440

Jul 14, 2022
Hello, guys, I recently replaced my dead GTX 980 with a 3070 Ti. I ran Unigine Heaven Benchmark, and my score is around 1500 every time. By the way, I also replaced my PSU with an Enermax Revolution D.F 850W 80+ Gold. I ran out of money, so I won't be able to get a new MOBO and CPU until the end of this year. I play exclusively at 1080p because I use an old TV as a display and it can only go up to 1080p / 60hz. I knew for the start that this would create a significant bottleneck, but I wasn't expecting such a low score. I have been playing Elden Ring maxed out without a problem. Temps are great, and I get consistent 60 fps all the time. I know the benchmark software is pretty dated, but still... I have looked around people who have/had the same CPU that I have paired with a 2080 Ti (which is very similar to my 3070 Ti) getting far better results.

Am I doing something wrong in here? Should I use a different GPU benchmark software? I don't want to put too much stress on my GPU, to be honest. I just want to know if I am missing something here.

I would appreciate it if you could help a brother out.

Thanks, guys.

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming
Memory: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital WDC (SATA )
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 Ultra Gaming
PSU: Enermax Revolution D.F 850W 80+ Gold
Case: NZXT H440

Lots of overclockers use this benchmarking software so it might not always make sense to compare against other people

Also the 4790k and DDR3 memory could be a cause for bottlenecking so make sure your gpu is utilized at 100% during the benchmark

Then there's the usual software tweaking you can do to improve performance such as a clean install of new drivers and changing the core and memory clock in afterburner.