Question Extremly slow startup after rebooting-manual shutdown

Jul 13, 2019
Hello everyone.
I've been dealing with a problem from the moment I bought the PC, and I decided to cope with it until now, since my brother is going to take it to his place and I want it to run perfectly.
So, the problem is that whenever I reboot the PC, or an error happens and the PC reboots itself, or I manually close it, it takes soooo much time in the startup screen, literally five minutes or so, but when I normal shutdown and boot it, it opens in two seconds(excluding windows updates, which also make the PC stay in the startup screen for a lot of time even if I shut it down normally).What could probably be the issue?
CPU:AMD Ryzen 1600X
Graphics card:GTX 1060 3gb
Ram: Patriot PSD48g2400kh 8gb
Motherboard:gigabyte ab350-gaming3
PSU:Thermaltake Tr2 s 80 plus 600W

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both is likely to be capturing some relevant error codes and warnings.

Windows should always be "normally shutdown" and allowed the time to do so. If you force the shutdown some process may not complete and there is corruption.

And look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Determine what is being started at boot up and what it may be doing when started up.

Jul 13, 2019

Either one or both is likely to be capturing some relevant error codes and warnings.

Windows should always be "normally shutdown" and allowed the time to do so. If you force the shutdown some process may not complete and there is corruption.

And look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Determine what is being started at boot up and what it may be doing when started up.
I know that there could be corruption, but the only occasions of having to force shutdown is when the PC crashes during the update(which happens a lot for some reason) or when the PC becomes extremely slow for a reason I don't even know and I try to close it, it won't close and it probably pops up a bsod that I can't even see bc it can't load :/ (since the screen becomes active again after 10 minutes or so but it won't show sth)
But I will check out what you've told me. Thank you for your quick reply as well.

Jul 13, 2019

Okay so I checked some stuff, the only issues I found were that windows didn't shutdown properly (well of course) and a bsod I didn't see with the code :9f ,including another error with the code 0x0000009f (probably the same thing).
Anyways I tried disabling every app in The startup and disabled fast startup and tried to do a normal reboot, but things got even worse since the screen became inactive for a while and opened up again when I was on the lockscreen.No error happened,however,since I checked for issues on both reliability history and event viewer. Not to mention that the PC was EXTREMELY slow again. I'm literally lost, problems pop off out of nowhere every time :/
(I forgot to mention that this happens when I'm on the internet, mostly.)
Edit:I did a normal shutdown at the PC after it being extremely slow and it probably crashed again since the screen is active but it won't show anything so I'm just waiting for it to show something..
Another edit:The screen closed and the PC closed as well, but it took a lot of time to open again and the reliability history says that windows didn't shut-down properly, although I did a normal shutdown. And as I was expecting, the screen was open because it tried to show the bsod but it couldn't (bsod with the code 133 occured).
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Have you tried running the built in Windows Troubleshooters?

They may find and fix something.

However, as always, do ensure that you have backed up and verified the backups for all data files.

Also update your post to include system hardware specs.

If the system has always had problems there may be some original defect that is now, over time gotten and getting worse. The PSU may be a likely culprit there.

Jul 13, 2019
Have you tried running the built in Windows Troubleshooters?

They may find and fix something.

However, as always, do ensure that you have backed up and verified the backups for all data files.

Also update your post to include system hardware specs.

If the system has always had problems there may be some original defect that is now, over time gotten and getting worse. The PSU may be a likely culprit there.
Hello again.
Sorry for the absence, I really got studying on the side as well, so it's kinda tricky for me.
Anyways, I did some research and decided to disable fast startup which actually worked for the performance of my pc ,no freezing since then, but bsod and red CPU lights, anyways ,back to your point.
I have ran the troubleshooters, they didn't find anything, and I've done both sfc and dism scans and restores, but the system keeps getting corrupt for some reason. Could this be because I need a clean install?

Last edited: