Eyes-on: AMD Shows 3D Capabilities With HD3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have 50" Panasonic 3d TV, Onkyo Receiver 5.1 , HD5850, x6 Phenom @3.8ghz and 8GB ram running DDD drivers and following games work flawlessly, 24 fps per eye is plenty fast enough!

1 LOTRO
2 Grid
3 NFS Carbon and Pro Street
4 F1 2010
5 FSX
6 Crysis
7 Prey
8 Call of Juarez
9 CIV IV
10 GTA IV (Mind Blowing in 3d)
11 Sins of a solar empire
12 Hawx
13 Company of Heroes
14 Far Cry II
15 Mass Effect
16 Bioshock I andII
17 CoD WoW

To every person who mumbles 3d is a fad, keep on mumbling whilst I keep on gaming in full 3d!

Also you can play any DVD in 3d as well as view your pictures in 3d, fantastic, best £3000 spent ever!

G

Forgot to mention, only problem I have encountered is AA brings my 5850 to its knees in some titles running 3d 1920x1080, such as crysis and funnily enough LOTRO, I think 1GB VDDR just not enough in some titles for aa and 1080 3d! Time for that 6950 I guess!

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]foogoo[/nom]The third d has very little effect on me.[/citation]
Yeah can't wait for this fad to end. Or maybe it will be around like HDDVD's, oops...

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]24 fps per eye is plenty fast enough![/citation]
I'm sorry but 24fps is way too slow for fast games, for the rest sure.

[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]I'm sorry but 24fps is way too slow for fast games, for the rest sure.[/citation]
you would probably have to use it for yourself to make your mind up on that. 24fps steady is not to bad since with vsync it will pretty much remain at 24fps, no more no less. but agreed that ATM its for spoilt rich kids and 3D enthusiasts, definitely not for most people. Also that 24fps cap is due to the hdmi interface so future improvements will be there when 3d become4s cheaper and more popular. I still havn't seen it for myself to pass judgement.

Seikent

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
[citation][nom]Transsive[/nom]Sigh, 24 fps, hdmi fail.I'm hoping to try 120fps in 2D in the future. 60 fps in 3D would be interesting too I guess.[/citation]
120 fps for 2D rocks with Vsync, it's pretty!

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
if 1080p at 3d at 30fps is it's max, why not do 3D 1080i at 30fps?
With a small redirection the 1080 vertical pixels can be remained, and the 1900 pixels horizontally can be divided in 2, 950pixels per eye.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Save $150 dollars by going AMD, huh? Lemme tell you, anyone dropping that much dough on a 3d television, hardware, peripherals, graphics cards, ect.. won't give a damn about another $150 if Nvidia is their favorite company over AMD.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Current 3d technology isn't the holodeck of the starship enterprise. How ever, if it leads to something like that... then yes... these very primitive steps in 3d we are experiencing now would have been worth it. 50 years from now people will look back at the sad state of our current 3d technology and think how bad those poor saps had it in 2011.
Right now...3d is for suckers with money to blow.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
AMD's answer for the burgeoning 3D market? Is it April already? Catch a grip, 3D is a dead end, and will disappear up its own backside very shortly to be resurrected in another 20 years.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]"or a $200 3D Vision kit at most"An update on the price... Apparently the new kit comes with updated hardware as well, including longer battery life. Also a $50 price drop...http://guru3d.com/news/nvidia-3d-v [...] s-cheaper/[/citation]

I wouldn't pay 50$ for that junk.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]ha ha ha....i guess AMD decided to follow nvidia, lol[/citation]

No they didn't. Didn't you read the article? AMD uses industry standards where nvidia makes proprietary and expensive solutions like 200$ "vision" kit. Who buys that crap with that price?

either way they still needed to jump on the 3d bandwagon if not for 3d gaming sakes, then for 3d movies for people with 3dtvs and media centres. Even if its only a few more customers, people that bought amd dont feel left out. Does this mean their integrated fusion chips are capable of 3d also?

FlukieLukie

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
I use my PC on a 40" Samsung 3D TV, I've only trialed the drivers and they are... okay but barely work with DX10 or 11 games.

Still the bollocks is where you have to buy the drivers and there are two avaliable each with their own perks, at least with 3D vision you get the technology with the card.

AMD need to invest in getting these technologies to the customers for free.

G

So many people here commenting on 3d, how many have had the chance to play on a proper setup?

[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]you would probably have to use it for yourself to make your mind up on that. 24fps steady is not to bad since with vsync it will pretty much remain at 24fps, no more no less. but agreed that ATM its for spoilt rich kids and 3D enthusiasts, definitely not for most people. Also that 24fps cap is due to the hdmi interface so future improvements will be there when 3d become4s cheaper and more popular. I still havn't seen it for myself to pass judgement.[/citation]

Why should you say the kids are spoilt, its not their fault if their parents happen to be successful! And I am no rich enthusiast, I just saved up my hard earned money for the experience! I did not buy a big new car and stopped drinking beer for a year when I go out, its healthier as well!!

[citation][nom]FlukieLukie[/nom]I use my PC on a 40" Samsung 3D TV, I've only trialed the drivers and they are... okay but barely work with DX10 or 11 games.Still the bollocks is where you have to buy the drivers and there are two avaliable each with their own perks, at least with 3D vision you get the technology with the card.AMD need to invest in getting these technologies to the customers for free.[/citation]

I agree somewhat, most games are still dx9, with a few dx10/11, my fav game is still dx9 LOTRO. But so are all consoles, at a lower resolution with less texture detail!

Overall, sitting 3 meters away from a 50" TV is looks bloody fantastic! DDD is th better driver, trialed them both, but you do need to tweek each game through the onscreen setup for each game to suit your view, it takes 20mins or so to set comfortable profile up for each game, but its worth it!

And yes, it should be free, included in on your driver cd, or in catalyst drivers!

"Right now...3d is for suckers with money to blow."

I take it you have no money then?

Status
Not open for further replies.