Jul 29, 2019
Specs are as follows:
- Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI b450m gaming plus
  • 16gb RAM
  • Rtx 2060

I was building a brand new PC and I knew I would have to update the BIOS first so I did using the BIOS flash button which seemed to be successful. Afterwards, I built the computer and when trying to boot, it wouldn’t post and the ez debug cpu light came on. I tried removing and reinstalling the cpu, ram, gpu, and the motherboard power cables. None of it worked.

Fast forward to today, I received a Ryzen 3 1200 and I threw it into my system and I was able to get into the bios. The first thing I looked for was whether or not my bios had updated properly and sure enough, it was the correct version which frustrated me because I don’t know why it was not working properly with my 3600.

So my question is does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this problem or is my 3600 shot?

Side notes that may or may not matter:
  • no bent pins on the 3600
  • There is currently no OS installed
  • The ez debug lights flash(VGA or CPU) on startup but they stop after the bios boots up

Thank you to anyone who is willing to give their time and knowledge to help. I appreciate it!

Solution
Have you tried to Clear the CMOS (RTC) with the 3600 installed just to see if maybe there is some residual data/settings from the 1200 that needs to be cleared out ?
Jul 29, 2019
I would set Optimized Defaults settings in the BIOS and see if that allows you to boot with the 3600 installed.
Also did you flash newest version 7B87v17 ?
If not I would do that after setting Optimized Defaults.
Yes, I flashed the newest version straight from MSI’s thread on the new line of processors. I will try that when I get home and post an update.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Specs are as follows:
- Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI b450m gaming plus
  • 16gb RAM
  • Rtx 2060
I was building a brand new PC and I knew I would have to update the BIOS first so I did using the BIOS flash button which seemed to be successful. Afterwards, I built the computer and when trying to boot, it wouldn’t post and the ez debug cpu light came on. I tried removing and reinstalling the cpu, ram, gpu, and the motherboard power cables. None of it worked.

Fast forward to today, I received a Ryzen 3 1200 and I threw it into my system and I was able to get into the bios. The first thing I looked for was whether or not my bios had updated properly and sure enough, it was the correct version which frustrated me because I don’t know why it was not working properly with my 3600.

So my question is does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this problem or is my 3600 shot?

Side notes that may or may not matter:
  • no bent pins on the 3600
  • There is currently no OS installed
  • The ez debug lights flash(VGA or CPU) on startup but they stop after the bios boots up
Thank you to anyone who is willing to give their time and knowledge to help. I appreciate it!
Maybe bios updata issue wait msi to release new one

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I flashed the newest version straight from MSI’s thread on the new line of processors. I will try that when I get home and post an update.
I got my 3600 to boot into bios for setup but after I saved changes and rebooted, it never turned back on. I went back to set optimized defaults with the 1200 and replaced it once again with the 3600. I was able to get back into bios but instead of rebooting, I continued through the boot into windows. I was he. Able to use the computer as it should work but I have noticed that in order for the 3600 to work, I have to swap the processors out once before it turns on and I am not sure why.

TRENDING THREADS