Fable 3 For PC in May with Hardcore, 3D Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

1 gig of ram for 3d vision ... maybe if you were running it at 640x480 (1280x960 effective) and even then you may even get crashes

alhanelem

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
[citation][nom]mindless728[/nom]why should the PC community care about Fable 3 if we can't play Fable 2 on PC[/citation]

technically fable 3 has a unrelated story to fable 2

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Lol they arent making a Steam release and launching on the same day as Witcher 2, looks like they really are trying everything to make sure the game doesnt sell.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Someone else bought the Xbox version of Fable 3, and it's been taunting me for months now. I decided to wait until the PC release. I thought Microsoft meant it was going to be a couple weeks lates, not 6 damned months.

I'm starting to wonder if I really want to play it after all. I preferred Fable 1 on PC over Fable 2 on Xbox.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Don't care. Way too many other pc games in the near future to spend my money on (Dragon Age II, DNF, Portal II, Crysis II, Witcher II, Skyrim, etc.) to care about a crappy port of a mediocre game.

On an unrelated topic, how about a freakin original IP for once? Every game I find myself looking forward to this year is a sequel. Bulletstorm is really effing awesome and looking forward to RAGE obviously but Homefront looks stupid and other than that everything is unoriginal, albeit still exciting.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Dear Lionhead. Thanks for making me wait to the point of not caring any more... again. As stated by killbits, PLENTY of better games coming out soon.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
SHould listen to the angry joe show review on the 32 reason why fablke 3 sucks...Its a well thought out review and has many valid points..I dont think Imuh buy fable 3 now..and especially since i cant even play fable 2 since Im strictly PC gaming.
http://angryjoeshow.com/2011/01/top-reasons-fable-iii/

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Unfortionatly I willl have to agree with most everyone else here. Its nice that there relesing a game for PC... but honestly its to little to late. This title has lost most of its steam, a chunk of the hardcore gamers that would be intrestead have already given up on the IP or have purchased it for consols, as for 3d support I dont think its a big selling point when its almost imposible to find someone that actually has a 3d anything in there home.

Personaly I beleave that these companies have spent so much time ignoring the PC market and developing for consols, that they no longer have the talent necissary to release any descent title meant to utilize any modern hardware.

If the only trick these people have to entice us is 3D that only works for a single vender(gpu), then its safe to assume that theres a mark being missed that the higher ups have no idea what there doing... its also safe to assume that these companies will continue to do so till someone else plowes there bottom line.

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Except for the whole matter of your the daughter/son of the previous king, whom was your character in fable 2, and the repeated references to him.

[citation][nom]alhanelem[/nom]technically fable 3 has a unrelated story to fable 2[/citation]

I got Fable 3 on the 360 at launch... It wasn't very impressive. For every step forward they took, it felt like 2 steps back. Fable 2 least made tons of improvements over the first, but Fable 3 felt like they just lost their way half way through.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]killbits[/nom]Don't care. Way too many other pc games in the near future to spend my money on (Dragon Age II, DNF, Portal II, Crysis II, Witcher II, Skyrim, etc.) to care about a crappy port of a mediocre game.On an unrelated topic, how about a freakin original IP for once? Every game I find myself looking forward to this year is a sequel. Bulletstorm is really effing awesome and looking forward to RAGE obviously but Homefront looks stupid and other than that everything is unoriginal, albeit still exciting.[/citation]
Don't know how Homefront looks stupid, it's had many features just recently announced to also be in Battlefield 3. It may not use the same engine, but the singleplayer looks to be an impressive 'generic story' while the multiplayer seems to have been taken care of nicely for the pc community.

It seems this year was so impressive because the mention of sequels, I just hope they all turn out well enough.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]They put in all that talk, but all I saw was Lionhead releases another crappy PC port.[/citation]I love it when I see fanboys (of a particular platform) whine about ports. Would you rather they ignore your platform of choice altogether? Ah, but then you'll get a bunch of fanboys whining about the LACK of ports.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

Of course, we're talking of an 8 month old port that's finally being released when noone is going to take noticeable attention to it. It was a bad choice in the long run because it's more likely to be pirated then to be bought at full price (Which will only help the publishers excuse of, "PC gaming is a dead market.")

Overall, what's wrong with whining about ports if they take the time to release one on a platform? You want a bad port when a good one could be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.