Fable III Confirmed for PC; Xbox 360 CE Detailed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]kckrich[/nom]I don't understand why they don't have a special edition for the PC... makes little sense.[/citation]
So true. Why do PC gamers always get the shaft on multi-plat releases?

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Not only are you wrong on the pricing for the PC version drakaun but your logic is flawed as well. Pirates are not actually stealing money from publishers and developers. The way piracy workings is through sharing if I were to lend you my coat would you claim that you would be stealing from coat manufacturers? That is the logic you are portraying. Its not as if the pirates walk into a store steal the game off the shelf which would actually bring finical loss to others. I have a neutral stance on the piracy issue I'm not for nor against it.So I think this helps me weed out the BS arrangements on each side of the fence. The reason why piracy is opposed isn't because it costs them money but rather they hope that if they combat piracy enough people will buy the game/movie/music instead however this isn't a realistic view. Ive talked to many pirates about this issue and the majority state that if they were incapable of pirating they still would not purchase or be unable to purchase what they pirate in the first place.If anything all these anti-piracy efforts and funding organizations are costing businesses money. Are the pirates morally in the right? Not really. But are they worth blaming for failures and spending money on futile attempts to stop them? Certainly not.[/citation]

It's great how someone reference one side of the issue and not the other.

The reason why piracy is opposed isn't because it costs them money but rather they hope that if they combat piracy enough people will buy the game/movie/music instead however this isn't a realistic view.
Exactly, publishers should be like 2D-Boy with world of goo: http://kotaku.com/5085915/90-of-world-of-goo-installs-are-pirated

Opps bad example =P lol

Ive talked to many pirates about this issue and the majority state that if they were incapable of pirating they still would not purchase or be unable to purchase what they pirate in the first place.

Yeah look at Modern Warfare 2 lol. People in general are all talk and will want they want. It's human nature.

But are they worth blaming for failures and spending money on futile attempts to stop them? Certainly not.

Wow apparantly they aren't even partly responsible for even 1% of the problem, that's amazing. They are in a perfect flawless system, great!

Look I pirate as the next guy but pirates are just as responsible in this issue just like everyone else. No one is innocent in this issue especially the pirates.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
[citation]will also be available for download exclusively on Games on Demand on Games for Windows Live.[/citation]

no steam version? D:

I was truly hoping this would release on PC eventually. My brother has it on XBOX and it looked fairly fun. :) I played the original Fable on XBOX and PC. Hopefully it'll be properly ported and will take advantage of a PC's graphical abilities.

zeroabg

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]I was truly hoping this would release on PC eventually. My brother has it on XBOX and it looked fairly fun. I played the original Fable on XBOX and PC. Hopefully it'll be properly ported and will take advantage of a PC's graphical abilities.[/citation]

its fable 3 not 2.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
eh i don't see what the complaining is about granted i may be complaining too had i not gotten a xbox 360 right when fable 2 came out , I'm definitely grapping this one on PC unless they throw some crappy DRM on it. i'm guessing that since MS is publishing it, it wil make use of windows live for all the 360 acheivement goodies and DLC. kind of ahte teh diea of DLC but thus far lionhead has been one of teh companeis that have done a better job on their DLC as opposed to so games giving you tiny nibit for your buck ., the fable 2 dlc was awesome and added a lot fo play to fable 2.

G

If you download a game you otherwise would have bought, that is directly taking money from the developers. If you download a game you otherwise would not have or could not have bought, then the developers dont really lose anything.

But by downloading that game, you could potentially be persuaded to buy future installments of that game, or other projects from that studio from being shown how great their work is. In which case the Studio would benefit from your piracy.

Though I think they just need to make a workable renting service for PC games, where you download it and can play it for up to X hours, then pay more to add more time. This would drastically cut down the cost of entry into the game, bringing in more players; and if the game is good enough they will pay for more time and could then have the option to pay the remainder of the full retail price and own the game. Allowing the consumer a cheap way to try games before committing to the full retail price.

I am sure someone can come up with a way to limit the amount of time someone can play a game, and implement that to allow for online rentals. And with 50mbps internet connections, soon 100mbps where I am downloading a full game can take less then 20min (16min for me with BFBC2! go EA and COMCAST!).

Online Piracy will not end until there is a price effective and convenient service to compete with it.

I knew tons of people who used to pirate music, now all of them either buy it from Itunes, or have a Rhapsody or Napster subscription. Napster at $7 a month provides such convenience and low price that it there is no compelling reason not to pay for your music.

This can be the same with PC gaming too. Downloadable Rent to Own can kill PC game piracy!

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Pirates are not actually stealing money from publishers and developers. The way piracy workings is through sharing if I were to lend you my coat would you claim that you would be stealing from coat manufacturers? That is the logic you are portraying. Its not as if the pirates walk into a store steal the game off the shelf which would actually bring finical loss to others. I have a neutral stance on the piracy issue I'm not for nor against it.[/citation]This is quite possibly the stupidest argument I have EVER read. If you loan someone your coat, only one person can have the coat at a time. If you both need it, it becomes inconvenient for the person that doesn't own the coat - who knows, they might need to go buy their own. A pirated game, on the other hand, is more like waving a magic wand to make as many copies of the coat as you want, for free. You don't even need the original coat, these days - you can download it right off the internet.

Who the F@$& would buy coats at the store with their hard earned cash, if you can get one for free with a magic wand??

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Will the graphics be a 3 steps better than the consoles and utilize tessalation, better AA, and have crazy shadows? Or even 3d support? If not the price is almost the same as a console so what benefit would we get playing it on a keyboard?

For these type of games a console is actually better, but for most, I prefer a PC. If it were 29.99 or 39.99 then Id get the pc version, but 49.99.....come on..... there has to be a regular edition out there worht only 34.99 or 29.99

underpatch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
well it is a good thing they seem to be making some good decisions to make people not want to pirate it ... they are not over charging ... nore will it simply be a console port ... and they are not forcing you to use that shitting "games for windows" thing ...

o wait !

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]I just hope people buy the game. if it sells poorly on PC they will no doubt blame piracy and decide to stop developing for the platform.[/citation]

Depends if it's a quality game with a PC foundation or a terrible console port (Aliens vs Predator comes to mind.) I still wouldn't pirate it because of principle, but I definitely won't buy it until I see some solid reviews on it.

mowston

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
As far as piracy goes, if you wouldn't buy it if you could you are either : 1) cheap or 2) poor. In either case, you should spend less time gaming and watching pron and go out and get a real job or get some skills for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.