Facet

I found my first one today... Fire Fact, 5/3 .. it's a when u die one..

Are these worth much?

USWSC Ladder

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Jake Mysterio wrote:
> I found my first one today... Fire Fact, 5/3 .. it's a when u die one..
>
> Are these worth much?

Sorry I can't say how much they are worth, but I'm curious to know
*where* you found it :)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 06:48:27 GMT, "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au>
wrote:

>I found my first one today... Fire Fact, 5/3 .. it's a when u die one..
>
>Are these worth much?
>
>USWSC Ladder

An UM at least, maybe more to the right buyer. A 5/4 or 5/5 will
definitely get you an Ist.

- Samiel

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:06:43 -0400, Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid>
wrote:

>Sorry I can't say how much they are worth, but I'm curious to know
>*where* you found it :)

Not sure where Jake found his but...

To date (since Feb. 2005 or ) I have found 3 Rainbow Facets, all from
farming Hell Mephisto.

- Samiel (sold 2 Cold, kept 1 Poison)

Brian Brunner wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, "Jake Mysterio" wrote:
>
> >> I found my first one today... Fire Fact, 5/3 .. it's a when u die one..
> >>
> >> Are these worth much?
>
> Not much in HardCore...

Actually, it's a nice one for a cheese chanter. Stick it into a +3 fire
Circlet. Max +damage and a cheeser doesn't care about -% res.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, "Jake Mysterio" wrote:

>> I found my first one today... Fire Fact, 5/3 .. it's a when u die one..
>>
>> Are these worth much?

Not much in HardCore...

(yes you're SC so enjoy!)

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

I was making my way down through the WSK Level 2 when one of the monsters
down there dropped it... This is in Hell btw.

1st cool thing like that i found. Other than the time my lvl 91 sorc found
Gheeds and my lvl 84 Ghost Assassin found Um.

--

On that special day, Nobody, (anonymous@bogus.invalid) said...

> Sorry I can't say how much they are worth, but I'm curious to know
> *where* you found it :)

The only one I ever found, a measly 3/3 one, dropped in the Pit, level
2.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:53:02 GMT, Brian Brunner
<brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:

>Not much in HardCore...
>
>(yes you're SC so enjoy!)

In HC you could put it on your Merc and when he/she dies he could take
out a few monsters for you. :p

- Samiel

Samiel wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:06:43 -0400, Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Sorry I can't say how much they are worth, but I'm curious to know
>>*where* you found it :)
>>

> Not sure where Jake found his but...
>
> To date (since Feb. 2005 or ) I have found 3 Rainbow Facets, all from
> farming Hell Mephisto.
>
> - Samiel (sold 2 Cold, kept 1 Poison)

i also found 2 facets 5/4 and 4/5 all cold from hell mephisto(SP). but
it was in some 500+ runs. i leveled up from 81 to 86 with my sorc on meph.

"Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:53:02 GMT, Brian Brunner
> <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:
> >
> >Not much in HardCore...
> >
> >(yes you're SC so enjoy!)
> >
> In HC you could put it on your Merc and when he/she dies he could take
> out a few monsters for you. :p

I often thought about that as a laugh for a "suicide-bomber" class...
equiping a low-level character & its merc with lots of "on death" facets...
then using them to clear crowded TPs (softcore ofcourse), etc.

6 sockets on sword, 4 on sheild, 3 on helm, 4 on armor = 17 sockets each.
Alas... I have not tried this build as I cant be bothered to look if effects
would stack (IE: 4 meteors, 6 cold nova's, etc... or even if the 5%+/- still
affects the "death" spells)

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

Brian Brunner wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, "Jake Mysterio" wrote:
>
> >> I found my first one today... Fire Fact, 5/3 .. it's a when u die one..
> >>
> >> Are these worth much?
>
> Not much in HardCore...

Sure it worths something, be it Hardcore of Softcore. The fact that it
is a Die one makes it worths less in Hardcore, but 5/-3 is quite high.
True that only 5/-5, 5/-4, and 4/-5 usually have good rune value when
you trade them, but any Facets are still useful.

> (yes you're SC so enjoy!)
>

> --
>
> Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
> USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

"~misfit~" wrote...
> zekopeko wrote:
>> Samiel wrote:

>>> Not sure where Jake found his but...
>>>
>>> To date (since Feb. 2005 or ) I have found 3 Rainbow Facets, all from
>>> farming Hell Mephisto.
>>>
>>> - Samiel (sold 2 Cold, kept 1 Poison)
>>>

>> i also found 2 facets 5/4 and 4/5 all cold from hell mephisto(SP). but
>> it was in some 500+ runs. i leveled up from 81 to 86 with my sorc on
>> meph.
>
> I've found 'em in various places, two memorable ones were hell Baal and
> hell Ancient's Way.

I have yet to find one of these, but today I found my first Arachnid's Mesh.
Very nice. I'd like to find a when-you-die lightning facet. The Occy I
bought has a when-you-level-up lightning facet, and it's only a 3/3.