Question facing some issues trying to install High Sierra on old imac, need someone to guide me and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harish Anim

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Ok little bit of history, it's a old mid 2011 imac, its last supporting OS is High Sierra, but ever since El Capitan I've been trying to update my OS and I've constantly run into numerous issues, I never really got too into fully fixing the issues coz I'd eventually give up trying for hours together,

I moved some things around my room and have it in a place where I can work on it and use it permanently, so I've started trying to get High Sierra clean installed on it.

Things I've done so far:
  1. Have a bootable USB with High Sierra on it
  2. Erased all drives and partitions (even time machine)
  3. Checked for disk errors with first aid (0 errors on any drive)
  4. Cleaned up RAM, even reset pram (or nvram? Not sure, but cmnd+opt+p+r)
Currently I've been launching into macOs utilities, I click on reinstall OS, go through the steps, it goes till 2 minutes remaining then this happens - View: https://i.imgur.com/mQG6bvk.jpg

That last 3rd line, xar_verify failed, keeps happening every single time, idk how to fix that, that being said it did fix itself one time randomly idk how, but then it restarted went into installation and then said it couldn't finish the installation and to run disk diagnostics, this was before I checked time machine,

Time machine threw errors during first aid, so I erased it and now it shows no errors, but now I'm stuck in this issue again, please help , I would love to have someone to have a back and forth conversation with if I can fix this up it'll be great help

Right now all I have is a High Sierra bootable USB, and a fully empty Mac, no drives have anything or any errors, if I could just fully clean install from us to Mac without internet errors that's be great, idk why everything needs to connect online it can do a verification after the OS is installed but all these online errors are really making life hard for me

Last edited:

Harish Anim

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
You get an error while booting and installing from the USB?
Yeah sorry for the late reply, I wasn't home, I'm here for the rest of the day now, I boot usb and since main disk is empty and only start up disk is my USB, it boots into macOs utilities, then I click on reinstall OS, it does that till it says 2 minutes remaining and when I check logs this is what I see, it stops at 2 minutes remaining and keep repeating those last 3 lines in the logs

Last edited:

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Have you tried to do first aide on the internal drive prior to doing the install? Often an external first aide will fix the drive whether from the Internet or from an exterior source. No worries on late reply, I am in Cambodia.

Grace and peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.