Factory Building iPad Mini Criticized for Working Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakphoenix

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Is it just me or does Toms now have a very strong apple bias? I hardly see any leaked details about windows or android devices but we seem to get 5-6 ridiculous apple headlines a day. If you're desperate to give us apple news then PLEASE consolidate it into ONE post per day Toms, and how about news on the new windows 8 products and new android products? I don't see Apple innovating things like the new Dell XPS 12 or ASUS Thaichi at the moment, to me those things are exciting!

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]blakphoenix[/nom]Is it just me or does Toms now have a very strong apple bias? I hardly see any leaked details about windows or android devices but we seem to get 5-6 ridiculous apple headlines a day. If you're desperate to give us apple news then PLEASE consolidate it into ONE post per day Toms, and how about news on the new windows 8 products and new android products? I don't see Apple innovating things like the new Dell XPS 12 or ASUS Thaichi at the moment, to me those things are exciting![/citation]

80% of Apple articles are posted by Zak, they used to all be butt happy articles about Apple but now he seems to be posting a little bit of negative stuff and stuff about competition. It is becoming very annoying now. Honestly wish there was a way to filter out certain articles and writers.

I wonder who is providing the info for these type of news (not only here at Toms).

It's becoming very peculiar, to call it the least, about how well aimed this information is targeted at Apple when all major companies do the same.

Cheers!

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]I wonder who is providing the info for these type of news (not only here at Toms).It's becoming very peculiar, to call it the least, about how well aimed this information is targeted at Apple when all major companies do the same.Cheers![/citation]
Apple is big and in the spotlight so of course they will be targeted since news about them (good or bad) brings attention. That is the problem with being the "biggest" tech company, you have all eyes on you and all your dirty laundry will come out.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
But...but...crapple is an American company that does good for all, how could this be? isheep, completely oblivious to everything yet they keep on buying.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Really?
How long have we known that Apple puts its products together in foreign sweatshops?
How long have we known Apple dodges paying its taxes to the US Government?
How long have we known they throw together a device that costs them under $100 between parts, labor and shipping than charges people out the ass for it?
Old news if you ask me.
You REALLY want to do an article that'll knock our socks off?
Try this:
Compare the working conditions of the workers in the factories for Motorola, Apple, HTC and Samsung, let us know who pays most, has the best benefits, and provides the best working conditions so when we shell out a couple hundred for our new smart phones we do it with a clear conscious knowing more of our money is going to the little guys.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Apple is big and in the spotlight so of course they will be targeted since news about them (good or bad) brings attention. That is the problem with being the "biggest" tech company, you have all eyes on you and all your dirty laundry will come out.[/citation]
I'd like to hear more bad stuff and less good stuff

alexthager

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Poor working conditions? Seriously?! I don't believe this. I have NEVER heard "poor working conditions" and "Apple" in the same sentence.

bigdog44

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Here's a laugh...instead of increasing the cost per unit so the little guy can make some money, why doesnt apple quit being money-mucking M-F'ers and take a smaller profit so the little guy can smell some money instead of just smoke and dust....

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Too bad Apple doesn't have actual morals like other companies I can't take what they say seriously. They could say they look into it, but to me that says let me sweep that under the rug or find out how they let that guy talk.

Nintendo could find out one of their supliers have bad practices and say they look into it and I fully trust them that they will look into it and try to correct the situation.

w0_od

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
this is will hardly give any Apple lover a pause. Most cannot see beyond their own boundaries that their consumerism comes at a cost . But that is not a unique trait of Apple fans of course, everyone else in the world is as guilty of living of modern slavery of other 3rd world countries . And most do not care or cannot afford to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.