[SOLVED] Factory Reset to Clean Up Gaming Computer

Dec 14, 2021
Ok so essentially, all of my drives are full, and I am not completely sure why. The HDD is a drive that I have had since around 2013 when I originally build my PC and my SSD is about 4 or 5 years old. I don't really keep any important files or pictures on my computer and as far as I can tell, there aren't THAT many games installed. Not 1.5 TB at least, but regardless, both my drives are full. I've tried cleaning up some things and have looked through WinDirStat to figure out what is taking up so much space but can't find anything major. I am contemplating factory resetting my computer to try and clear out any junk files from over the years. Does anyone know if that's a good or bad idea in particular? Thanks

Solution
You can readily clean drives simply by formatting them. This will empty and return them to all the usable space they have available.

On the OS all Windows versions since at least 7 have a "reset this PC" that allows you to do a clean install and keep your personal files or not.
IMO going to MS and downloading the most current OS (supported) onto their USB installer is the easiest way to get a clean and fully updated version.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
You can readily clean drives simply by formatting them. This will empty and return them to all the usable space they have available.

On the OS all Windows versions since at least 7 have a "reset this PC" that allows you to do a clean install and keep your personal files or not.
IMO going to MS and downloading the most current OS (supported) onto their USB installer is the easiest way to get a clean and fully updated version.

Solution