Question Failing to load into windows after turning on TPM. Repair mode and USB boot drive unresponsive.

Sep 1, 2024
Hello, earlier today I tried turning on TPM on a B550 A Pro MSI motherboard.
This was to prepare to update to Win 11. However after turning on TPM and rebooting my pc failed to load into Windows and after waiting for an hour to see if it was related to any type of process related to the change in BIOS settings I restarted the machine.

Afterwards I noticed that no matter what I did, disabling tpm or resetting the BIOS to factory settings, this issue remained. Simply hanging on the motherboard logo with the loading animation running on loop.
So far I have tried removing everything but the boot drive and a single stick of RAM
And trying to boot from a USB boot drive.

The real problem is that in both recovery mode and from the boot drive I invariably get to a screen with nothing in it but my cursor.

In the case of Recovery mode, the Black screen of death is all that greets me. Systems seems fine, but I cannot interact with anything and no key combinations work.

Similarly, with the USB boot drive, I can boot it (I have an older win 10 one and one with the most recent version available for download) and in both cases I get to a screen with the blue/purple background and my cursor but nothing else.

Are there any suggestions?

Prior to this pc was working perfectly with no issues.

Sep 1, 2024
Small update, it seems that there is *something* loading from the boot usb.

Problem is, It is just what appears to be a purple square. Seems that the GUI is failing to appear as I can in fact hit alt+f4 to close that screen, whatever it is. I honestly don't even know what to do.

After flashing BIOS (which I realized I hadn't done before posting) TPM and secure boot were turned on properly. But problem persists. Am I missing some rather self evident issue fixable by BIOS settings or is this issue OS related?

TRENDING THREADS