[SOLVED] Faint horizontal line on monitor

Dec 26, 2019
Out of nowhere there appeared a fairly faint horizontal line on my ASUS MG248QR. The line appears perfectly above "Type here to search" bar and nowhere else on Windows 10. The second image shows the actual line. I've tried changing my monitor cable from a DisplayPort cable to HDMI cable, and the line still remains there. How would I go about fixing this?
ur15ucc.png

HpsuIgy.png

Solution
Although I feel this is most likely a monitor issue (likely some sort of micro ribbon cable connection inside the actual monitor?), you can connect the monitor to another computer to actually confirm it...; if the issue remains, certainly then you'd KNOW 100% that it is the monitor....

(Often with LCDs, the ribbon cables run around the outer edge, you can try squeezing around the edges with yourur tumb/forefinger too see if it clears up momentarily, which might at least confirm it is the monitor, and, where the faulty ribbon connection issue might be located...)
Although I feel this is most likely a monitor issue (likely some sort of micro ribbon cable connection inside the actual monitor?), you can connect the monitor to another computer to actually confirm it...; if the issue remains, certainly then you'd KNOW 100% that it is the monitor....

(Often with LCDs, the ribbon cables run around the outer edge, you can try squeezing around the edges with yourur tumb/forefinger too see if it clears up momentarily, which might at least confirm it is the monitor, and, where the faulty ribbon connection issue might be located...)

Solution