Question Fairly High End PC Can't Run Call of Duty games but can run other highly intensive games

ItsFluffy

Prominent
Feb 4, 2021
I bought my prebuilt HP Omen pc in the height of the GPU scalper season, and it seems to run almost every game like a dream. Rust, CSGO, Valorant, Destiny 2, Apex Legends, and PUBG are some of the games I've run it on, however anytime I load up any Call of Duty on my pc I get into the game, click play I load into the main menu, the FPS is capped at 60 in menus and then, out of nowhere it will drop to 10 or lower and stay in that range unless I alt+tab. Then, while in game the frames will not go higher than 90 which is fairly low for what I feel my pc should be able to run. Clip of the fps drops ->https://medal.tv/games/cod-warzone/clips/m2um0gcIuRJNu/d1337AHoauKM?invite=cr-MSxNYmUsMjI0OTY0MjAs
I have had this issue in Modern Warfare, Warzone, Vanguard, and Cold War.
PC Specs:
I7-10700K @ 3.80 GHz
16 GB @3200 MHz
I have 2 SSDs, one has 500 GB and the other has 2 TB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

ItsFluffy

Prominent
Feb 4, 2021
I usually update my GPU driver through GeForce Experience, I'm unsure how to check the other drivers.
When I click through device manager and click update driver, and then select "search automatically for drivers" it says the latest driver has been installed for everything, and under windows update its set to update drivers automatically.

ItsFluffy

Prominent
Feb 4, 2021
There should be a support page on the HP website with the latest drivers. Id update everything except the gpu driver.
The recommended drivers from HP's driver detection software were a WLAN driver, a connection optimizer, a bluetooth driver, and another bluetooth driver, those have been installed, I tried playing it, and I'm not sure what changed but the problem seems to be solved, at least on Modern Warfare