Fake Backwards Compatibility Instructions Brick Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Idiots!!! If the system had the ability to have backwards compatibility simply "unlocked" they would have done it! It would be a HUGE selling feature. Top that off with the fact that the last step of this how to was to check (or type... I can't recall...) "freezone", which I gather means freeze One. I wonder what Microsoft labels cases like this...

M$ Rep: "We have case# ID10t:5125 here. Please send this schmuck a new system."

sixdegree

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
The prank is cruel and brilliant at the same time. People should know better than trusting something that originated from 4chan.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
These people get what they deserve.... as if there's some hack a dip on the internet could think up to play 360 games that Microsoft couldn't figure out themselves. hhahahaha, man people are easy to fool.

and those emulators were running on top of windows a very un-optimized-for-gaming OS. If microsoft wanted to make the xbone backwards compatible, they could have done so.

The truth is, they realized they can sell you your 360 games all over again.

This.

Although I would say maybe in about 10 years we should be able to emulate the 360/PS3 just like we are now able to easily emulate Xbox and PS2 now.

But by them we will have photo realistic gaming .

leeb2013

Honorable
I love the way people have no empathy or sympathy for others these days, yet at the first sign of trouble would probably go running to mummy or daddy for help.

Sure it's a little naïve to believe and try something like this, but it's a bit sick to get pleasure from their misfortune.

16bit

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Games designed to run on a power pc system just won't work with an x86 system.
I feel bad for anyone who believed that crap.

rmpumper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009

If they knew better, they would be gaming on PCs.

for those who fell for this most likely backward compatibility really matters to them. this is where sometimes pc have the advantage. for example the original starcraft still running just fine with my windows 7 pc.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Still don't get why they didn't just do a software based Backwards Compatibility like the 360 had. Yes I know it cost a lot in development, but there is no reason why they can't do it in the form of an app and charge for it. Maybe even have little charges for each specific game.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I love the way people have no empathy or sympathy for others these days, yet at the first sign of trouble would probably go running to mummy or daddy for help.

Sure it's a little naïve to believe and try something like this, but it's a bit sick to get pleasure from their misfortune.

Yeah, it is not a very nice thing. Likely the ones affected will get their console replaced though, while also learning something from this. In the end, I can't help but feel like they got what they deserved for not doing proper research before jumping in and doing things THEY KNEW THEY SHOULDN'T BE DOING.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Tommy Lee Jones said in Men In Black:-
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it"
This is a classic example of herd-mentality, you could do exactly the same with any list of instructions, if you were to post that you could get free Xbox One downloaded games if you typed in your username whilst sitting with your feet in a bowl of water, you can be damn sure that at least one dumbass will try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.