Fake Hackintosh MacBook Pro Runs Mac OS X Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphling8

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
If you actually read the article instead of being defensive about wasting money you would have realized that 1) it was mainly about the exterior not the interior and 2) you paid most likely 5 times more, so there is definitely a comparison regardless.

as the price of this is <$500 it is actually more a netbook than laptop

on the other hand, how do you feel about over paying for an i7 dual core with HT

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
How about getting one of those HP Macbook ripoffs and putting Hackintosh software on there? Then you'd have a good laptop and a crap OS without paying 1K+ for it.

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010

ACtually dude, the OS is quite good....really good.... its way more stable the windoze .... more faster ....
and i know coz i hackintoshed an old P4 with onboard graphics and a mere 1 gb ram to run osx leopard just for fun...

guess what ....it kicks ass of windows xp on the same system...no more bsod's..... video is bit choppy....but its the same in windows 7 too......(too bad i had to format everything to install ubuntu)

actuallly all the apple fanboys are gung ho about the OS .... too bad they dont realize (or do) that they are getting ripped off in the hardware dept
.... but yeah....for its price .... u can get a hp mbp lookalike to do its job....

but i wouldnt pay 5 times just for the os...id get linux for the internet instead and use windows for games :bounce:

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Too bad they didn't give it some quirky knockoff name like they did with the hiphone. I've learned my lessons from ebay though: the Chinese on their own can't do anything more complicated than a piece of plastic without having a 50% defective rate.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]deletemach_kernel[/nom]looks like someone goona get sued[/citation]
LOL. noob. Nobody can sue in China. Enforcing IP rights in China is about as effective as having a democratic election there. When government=industry, there is no line to be drawn.

You create, show us, we take, make our own, sell back to you for less, have a good day.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN3041927620070430

MaxGuerette

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Ok, macbooks are more money then your typical same spec PC. But they are designed specifically for the software that is put on them. Cant say that about a PC.. I love my PC but i also love tinkering to make it run better and smooth.. I have a macbook because when i just need something that works... no ifs or buts.. its always there for you .. I dont mind paying the extra $$ to have that.. Sure PC people think they are under powered but Mac OS needs less to function better then windows..

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
While I'm not a fan of all of Apple's crazy legal actions, I would not be surprised or upset if they sued the socks off of whoever made this.

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Perhaps they can go the whole hog and make a copy of the old Classic too which would be quite cool. Come to think of it my old Classic in cupboard with its screaming 8Mhz 68000 would probably give the Atom a run for the money LOL.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Looks like they will get contacted by Apple's legal department for using Apple's logo on the case.We saw the earlier Steve Jobs action figure and Apple put a stop to that.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
[citation][nom]serkol[/nom]My MBP has i7 2.66GHz, this crap has Atom, how can you compare them?[/citation]

LOL my old man 70+ years old has a Asus laptop with same cpu , ati 5870 and 2 500gb hd's + blu ray costing $1200 and you have a Apple MBP with nothing for $2500 ????

Who is the fool now ?

Dude this is $466 Atom not $2500 for a mobile i7 Intel cpu. What do you expect.

This just proves Apple can build their $200.00 Mac Book Pro's for decent prices and then still charge $2300.00 for the glory of running Apple OSX bloatware that is not backwards compatible + Apple logo on that same Mac Book Pro.

Sry I used to be a Apple fan back when Apple was tech leader with performance parts that looked like something nice.

IE: The last Apple laptops that was build G4 Powerbooks that knocked my desktop socks off.

So sorry that you are stuck with a 17" PDA i7 2.66ghz that you over payed for just to experience how broken Apple can be.

Apple where is the nice decent Apple's you used to build like bondi blue or the cube or something with style and flair something that says Apple not the current pothead making crack in his bath tub at home in California Current Apple weak hardware you are selling now.

Come on Apple stop being such lame ars* cowards and start building Apple again.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
[citation][nom]jomofro39[/nom]LOL. noob. Nobody can sue in China. Enforcing IP rights in China is about as effective as having a democratic election there. When government=industry, there is no line to be drawn. You create, show us, we take, make our own, sell back to you for less, have a good day.http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN3041927620070430[/citation]

Dude you made a spelling mistake with
"as effective as having a democratic election there."
It should read:
"as effective as having a democratic election here" = USA.

The rest I agree with.

Some people, however, may love the look and the feel of a MacBook Pro, be it Mac OS X or just that glowing Apple logo on the back

I actually don't want the glowing Apple, but I digress.

The sad thing is that this Macbook Pro clone looks better than the actual Macbook Pro...

Status
Not open for further replies.