'Fallout 4' Automatron DLC Revealed: Beware The Mechanist

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I'm not ready for this. My character is only level 36 part way through the main story quest on survival difficulty the whole way with charisma build. Too busy with Black Desert Online to get up to 50. Oh well, I guess I will just have to enjoy this and the next DLC at the same time.

D

Deleted member 217926

It was the AntAgonizer in Fallout 3 not the Ant Queen. :p Also surprised it's not the same guy as the costume is very similar. His name was Scott Wollinski in Fallout 3.

BorgOvermind

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Doesn't seem something special, but considering that for Fallout 3 and NV the DLCs were actually better than the initial release storyline I'm looking forward to any F4 DLC.

What needs a fix in F4 are the repetitive spam missions. It's not a MMO, such things should not be there.

lol I know but she was acting in the role of an ant queen over the hive.

@BorgOvermin: I totally agree on the missions. I am so tired of being called in to protect towns and go on missions from towns to kill raiders or something. I'm tired of the constantly respawning items too. What is the point of scavenging an area clean, when everything you just took will respawn in like two in-game days. You could just not go through that stuff again, but all kinds of weapons, chems, armor pieces spawn too which makes it just as worth hitting again as an unknown area.

Afrospinach

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2012
What needs a fix in F4 are the repetitive spam missions. It's not a MMO, such things should not be there.

What would you replace them with? Nothing? I mean, there is a reason fallout 4 is as big as it is and they stopped there. They are never going to continuously develop content.

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

What would you replace them with? Nothing? I mean, there is a reason fallout 4 is as big as it is and they stopped there. They are never going to continuously develop content.

Actually with all its problems the Radiant Quest system in Skyrim was able to not be this annoying and kept new quests coming.

I like Fallout New Vegas so much more than Fallout 4 so far, mostly for that spawning and quest issue. The game world is so huge, that you are never going to finish searching every crack in it, or get through all of the stories. I feel like Bethesda knew that before, and that is why expansions in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas were much more focused. They were a more linear story to give you a break from the more repetitive aspects of the game and the huge landmass you had to explore already. Fallout New Vegas felt like it did this best, thanks to the different factions. There was a lot more involvement you could take in the main story line of the game.

In Fallout 4, there is the main story of finding Shaun, but the world is so massive, I feel there is no point in scavenging a building that will reload everything later, or completing a quest I will need to do again. How can I ever feel that I have done all there is in an area if I will need to do it all over again? This turns the excitement of exploration into a chore. And as the special items respawn too, it devalues them. Your in game actions feel kinda pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.