'Fallout 4' Update 1.3 Goes Live For PC, Coming To Consoles Later This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davil

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
And yet no mention of fixing objects randomly spazzing out and flipping all over. No texture overhaul, no fixing places where you try to shoot between things and hit an invisible wall, or fixing the overall mediocrity of the game. What a shame.

alextheblue

Distinguished
And yet no mention of fixing objects randomly spazzing out and flipping all over. No texture overhaul, no fixing places where you try to shoot between things and hit an invisible wall, or fixing the overall mediocrity of the game. What a shame.

Odd physics are not new to the Creation engine. See Skyrim, Fallout 3 et al. I find them to be a loveable quirk. Hitboxes have been an issues with games since the dawn of fully 3D FPS titles, and it's good enough for a FPS / RPG. I think it's pretty good overall and a nice addition to the Fallout franchise - better than Fallout 3, maybe not quite as solid as New Vegas.

They do need to add a downloadable high res texture pack as they did with Skyrim.

I think I played through 1/3 to 1/2 of the story and quit. I feel like its worth waiting for all of the DLC and when the modding community settles down and decides what the definitive 'set' is for looks and survival mode. Then, if I'm not too busy with DkSIII, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, and maybe even The Division, I'll be all over it. Oh wait, The Witcher III has another DLC on the way as well.

Maybe I'll catch up on sleep in 2017.

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I was getting really frustrated with settlement mission after settlement mission, but after I stopped turning them in to Preston Garvey, they stopped. I then had a blissful 6-10 hours of no settlement missions. The game started auto turning them in for me, over a period of time. Now a few have popped up, but I am sticking to not turning them in.
I also started building up defense more, for each settlement.

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Meh. Unless they completely overhaul the choice system, skill system, dialogue system, factions system, and make this into a first person rpg, I just can't see myself spending more than my current 180 hours of playtime in fallout 4.

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Meh. Unless the completely overhaul the choice system, skill system, dialogue system, factions system, I just can't see myself spending more than my current 180 hours of playtime in fallout 4.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
they need a better savage system.

god i hate having to go:

inventory --> drop all junk --> workshop mode ----> salvage 1 by 1.

why can't i just salvage everything 1 shot......sigh.....

Also, game got quite easy after some time. it presents minimal challenge after the first 2-3 hours.

AdviserKulikov

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015

god i hate having to go:

Also, game got quite easy after some time. it presents minimal challenge after the first 2-3 hours.

You do know that you don't have to salvage things to craft with them? It automatically breaks down junk stored in your settlement workbench as needed to craft.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
now that pisses me off.

the game never explained this to me.

and there was no manual neither.

how was i supposed to know?

darn it, i got 35 hours in, and i never knew this.

LOL

atwspoon

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

god i hate having to go:

You do know that you don't have to salvage things to craft with them? It automatically breaks down junk stored in your settlement workbench as needed to craft.
What about creating more space in your settlement to build? That whole thing needs to be worked out, the limits for each settlement, and then the glitch of scrapping your inventory to artificially expand those limits.

Davil

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Odd physics are not new to the Creation engine. See Skyrim, Fallout 3 et al. I find them to be a loveable quirk. Hitboxes have been an issues with games since the dawn of fully 3D FPS titles, and it's good enough for a FPS / RPG. I think it's pretty good overall and a nice addition to the Fallout franchise - better than Fallout 3, maybe not quite as solid as New Vegas.

They do need to add a downloadable high res texture pack as they did with Skyrim.

No, at no point in Skyrim did I run down a trail and see a horse and carriage flipping out and then fly into the sunset. Also Skyrim was a completely different game from it's predecessors, at least in terms of scenery. The majority of things worked the same but the RPG elements were still there and the world was actually large. Fallout 4 is comparably small, and really isn't much bigger than the other fallout games, which I guess doesn't matter because IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME.

And you're gonna tell me that these bugs are 'acceptable' or a 'lovable quirk', no at this point it's not a quirk, it's not intentional, it's a bug that should have been fixed. And no not being able to shoot through OPEN SPACE, is NEVER acceptable for a shooter. And no not better than Fallout 3, because you know what Fallout 3 doesn't start you off with a full set of power armor and a minigun. You know what it does give you? The opportunity to blow up a town built around a nuclear bomb and later see some of it's inhabitants as ghouls. That's a fun choice, you know what's not a fun choice? Deciding which mission to replay over and over for experience or which minion I want to be my invincible meat shield. Give me a break.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014

But I have seen animals falling out of the sky in Skyrim. "Is it raining elephants?"

justinjkiss1

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015

Ya Fallout4 has their issues but thats where mods help where they screwed up. There are plenty of settlement space limit increase mods out there. go to nexusmods.com and get one.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
i never played any of the previous games but I like fallout so far. have some texture issues. the snap thing will be nice cause walls liked going wherever the hell they wanted. and there were several flat white walls around some tower with a whiny actor at the top. I couldn't find a way into the building then I popped through what looked like a wall. ive never had the issue where I shoot into a wall in empty space. having the power armor and minigun at the beginning is nice but you will run out of bullets and power. yes you could ruin the game for yourself and look online to find out where all the shit that makes the game easy is. if you like setting fire to your money.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Spoilers - I played until I needed to 'choose' between the various factions... the factions themselves were all pretty crappy (black and white caricatures) and the way the game forces you to betray all the ones you don't choose is ridiculous. I was leaning toward the Institute but think their policy on synth's is stupid. My kid (the old white dude) makes me the leader of the Institute and I accept the role... then he turns around and tells me that I need to kill the Railroad because they stop the Institute from treating synths like cattle. I say "No I don't really want to do that" and he basically says "Too bad... I'm commanding you to do it" and the dialog options disappear (no ability to say "well I'm the leader now so screw you"). So much for me being the $#$%ing leader. Made me want to shoot him in the face... but I can't do THAT.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

yea, when you are behind a wall, you have a clear shot at someone, you see them, nothing's obstructing you, you fire, oh what's that, an invisible wall, that is floating in the middle of goddamn nowhere, everyone around you is alerted, and what you were firing at was a red skull legendary with the rail gun. congratulations, you now need to wait a good 5 minutes for everything to die down before you get a second shot... wait, one of them had a fat man, you are dead.

and as for the high resolution texture pack... please no... the texture pack looked like crap in skyrim, and if you are paying attention to texture modding at all, you realize that bethesda are so incompetent at texturing to begin with they should have just farmed it all out to the community, seriously, keeping layers with no data at all in the textures that only bloat out the games specs... yea... no need for bethesda to ever touch textures, would hate to have do download 10-40gb of data just because mods now require that garbage to be installed to work with their texture mod.

lol, i found this out because when i was building mods, i kept realizing that even if i don't scrap something, its getting used. then i found out that if i just keep everthing in the work bench, it is auto used.

granted, i wish i could field strip items for things i need.

what this globe is 2-5 pounds but all you want is the screws, to bad, you are overweight and need to drop crap.

till the mod system gets put out officially, im only installing cosmetic mods, or mods that wont kill a save file, once all the dlc comes out is when ill start adding in the big mods, cant wait to put in weapons for enemies to use and drop, or even have level scaleing go into the mid 200~s

Status
Not open for further replies.