'Fallout 4' Will Get A Game Of The Year Edition This September

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
This tickles my fancy. I have the game and all the DLC, but I'm a sucker for goodies. I'm also a sucker for the Fallout games. Fallout 3 really hooked me, but I went back and played everything I could get my hands on.

I think my dumb, hoarding, weirdo self might have another purchase on the horizon. I know it's a bad idea, but I just don't care.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Fallout 4 was a fun game... I played some of the DLC but should probably go back and play it all. I didn't like the choices you had to make in the main storyline so I actually never finished the main quest line, but it was still a decent diversion and better than a lot of games I've blown time and money on.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
I'm not sure why, but FO4 didnt grab me like other recent entries. I've done playthroughs of NV and 3 several times over the years, but I have little to no desire to run through Boston again.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
It feels wrong calling this a Game of the Year edition.

There were some great games this year, but Fallout 4 isn't on that list. Not by a longshot.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Bethesda makes great games, but, they are greedy pricks. Not even any value given if you already own the main Fallout 4 game. For instance, they, basically, just upgraded Skyrim to run on the PS4 and the Xbox One and are still trying to charge full price on it after about a year, despite releasing it for free on PC. They will do anything to milk the consumer. I think I am starting to agree with Elbert in that I will just start waiting a couple of years for them to release a "game of the year" edition before parting with my cash with these scoundrels.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015

Heretical comment: I actually really, really liked Inquisition. It felt like the first actual RPG BioWare has done since Origins/Mass Effect 1.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
I thought DA:I showed a lot of effort on EA/BW's part, BUT---nothing about the finished game thrilled me in the slightest. In a sense, it was a perfect precursor to what Andromeda turned out to be.

You want heresy? DA2 has inspired me to playthrough multiple times, but I have yet to start a 2nd character in DA:I despite owning it since launch day.

Status
Not open for further replies.