Fan 9800 Pro

Hi,

Does somebody know if the fan on a 9800 Pro card runs from the
moment you boot your computer?

Patrick

Mike

Splendid

On Sat, 08 May 2004 11:24:43 +0200, Patrick Cras
<patrick.cras*delete_this*@easynet.be> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does somebody know if the fan on a 9800 Pro card runs from the
>moment you boot your computer?
>
>Patrick

Yes it does.

on 08-05-2004 11:43 Mike said the following:

> Yes it does.

Thanks

Your cards pluged into your PC thus ir has power and your Fan is
pluged into your card :) work it out.

My fanis pluged into my fan controler it starts and i can regulate the
speed eg Rpm :)

On Sat, 08 May 2004 11:44:31 +0200, Patrick Cras

on 09-05-2004 00:20 We Live For The One We Die For The One said the following:

> Your cards pluged into your PC thus ir has power and your Fan is
> pluged into your card :) work it out.

And it has a power connection too. But I asked this because the fan made some
garbling noise when my PC booted.
I think I found the problem, there was a cable from the sound card, connected
to the motherboard that has a label on it, and that was very close to the
fan from the 9800 Pro.
So I cut of that label.

Patrick

On Sun, 09 May 2004 08:52:08 +0200, Patrick Cras
<patrick.cras*delete_this*@easynet.be> wrote:

>on 09-05-2004 00:20 We Live For The One We Die For The One said the following:
>
>> Your cards pluged into your PC thus ir has power and your Fan is
>> pluged into your card :) work it out.
>
>And it has a power connection too. But I asked this because the fan made some
>garbling noise when my PC booted.
>I think I found the problem, there was a cable from the sound card, connected
>to the motherboard that has a label on it, and that was very close to the
>fan from the 9800 Pro.
>So I cut of that label.
>
>Patrick

just pick up a VGA silencer from artic cooling for about $20, they are
quiet and work awsome. they even cool the inside of the case as well

on 10-05-2004 03:25 OverKlocker said the following:

> just pick up a VGA silencer from artic cooling for about $20, they are
> quiet and work awsome. they even cool the inside of the case as well

Now it's also silent without the arctic cooling, it just was the label the
made some vibrations I think. I cut of the label.

Patrick

>Now it's also silent without the arctic cooling, it just was the label the
>made some vibrations I think. I cut of the label.
>
>Patrick

umm, huh???