Question Fan choice/placement with Lian Li Dynamic 011 Mini

Apr 20, 2020
I am planning on air cooling a Ryzen 1600af and an RTX 2060 KO Ultra in the new 011 Mini. I am on a budget and buying an SFX PSU has really set back the budget for fans. I have no clue about positive/negative pressure or anything of that sort so any help would be appreciated!! Also, I would like the fans to be RGB and maybe the ring RGB because I really prefer the look of those.

zze86

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
These look like a good deal. 6-pack addressable RGB fans. Reviews indicate the included hub sucks donkey balls and you should plan on not using it. No real data on CFM and whatnot but that doesn't seem to be high on your priorities list.

I pre-ordered the Mini also and personally not going to be adding any RGB. They get too bright/distracting for me and it's not like you can't put together a nice looking build without it. Planning on using Artic fans. Still undecided if I want to do water cooling or not (which seems more suitable for the Mini)

Apr 20, 2020
These look like a good deal. 6-pack addressable RGB fans. Reviews indicate the included hub sucks donkey balls and you should plan on not using it. No real data on CFM and whatnot but that doesn't seem to be high on your priorities list.

I pre-ordered the Mini also and personally not going to be adding any RGB. They get too bright/distracting for me and it's not like you can't put together a nice looking build without it. Planning on using Artic fans. Still undecided if I want to do water cooling or not (which seems more suitable for the Mini)
First off, you will HAVE to keep me updated on how the case goes. Also, what SFX PSU do you have? That’s one thing holding me back from ordering it because i don’t wanna buy another PSU. And those fans look great! I did prefer the ring RGB but I don’t think they will fit in my price range so those are a great find!

Apr 20, 2020
Do you have any suggestions for the placement of the fans? And if I did end up getting only 3 of a more expensive kind what would you recommend for that? As of right now I have a Rosewill Ranger-M I believe and I think the included front blue LED fan is the only one working in it right now, although my thermals are fine oddly. I just need an aesthetic upgrade.

zze86

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
I actually haven't decided whether I want to use it for sure or not and haven't bought a PSU yet, but will probably go with a Silverstone or Seasonic PSU. I also have a Raijintek Thetis Classic that I've been holding onto and will choose between the two when I actually get the Mini in my hands and lay things out. Do I want something super minimalistic with the Thetis or something complex looking with the Mini? shrug

For fan configuration for an airflow setup, I'd probably just lay it out like regular 011. Side and bottom intake, rear and top exhaust.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020
I actually haven't decided whether I want to use it for sure or not and haven't bought a PSU yet, but will probably go with a Silverstone or Seasonic PSU. I also have a Raijintek Thetis Classic that I've been holding onto and will choose between the two when I actually get the Mini in my hands and lay things out. Do I want something super minimalistic with the Thetis or something complex looking with the Mini? shrug

For fan configuration for an airflow setup, I'd probably just lay it out like regular 011. Side and bottom intake, rear and top exhaust.
How would I do that setup with 6 fans? And I’ve been thinking about a SF600 for my PSU.

Apr 20, 2020

I just noticed that those are 5V 3pin and I am pretty sure my mobo only has 4pin... it is a MSI b450m Gaming Plus.

zze86

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
The "5v 3-pin" they are referencing is for the aRGB. Most (all?) aRGB systems are 5v 3-pin. A "regular" LED setup is usually a 4-pin 12v setup.

The fan connector appears to be the typical, 12v, 4-pn fan connector.

Just double check your manual regarding the aRGB voltage and the connector (see how the aRGB connector is 3-pins but one is offset?) but the original fans linked should still work.

It sounds like the ones you linked are similar to the one I linked as well.12v, 4-pin fan connector but not quite clear as to the aRGB connector.

Apr 20, 2020
The "5v 3-pin" they are referencing is for the aRGB. Most (all?) aRGB systems are 5v 3-pin. A "regular" LED setup is usually a 4-pin 12v setup.

The fan connector appears to be the typical, 12v, 4-pn fan connector.

Just double check your manual regarding the aRGB voltage and the connector (see how the aRGB connector is 3-pins but one is offset?) but the original fans linked should still work.

It sounds like the ones you linked are similar to the one I linked as well.12v, 4-pin fan connector but not quite clear as to the aRGB connector.
Sorry about this late reply but my motherboard only has 4 pin so a 3 pin wouldn’t even fit.

Pretty difficult getting a 011 Mini right now.

zze86

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
So true.

My pre-order for this case has been pushed back indefinitely. Not sure if it's due to Lian Li having to push back the launch date or if it's just the usual 2020 sucky supply situation...?