[SOLVED] Fan Config in a Fractal Design Define C Mini

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hi... My thoughts are two high speed PWM Be Quiet! 140mm intake fans on the front, and one 120mm in the rear. I have an extra 120mm and 140mm Fractal Design branded case fans, but i'm looking for a quiet build and i'm not sure they will be quiet enough.

The cpu cooler is a Be Quiet Dark Rock Slim.

Solution
Those Be quiet 140mm high speed are very quiet. I have 6 of those in my case and I cannot hear them at all unless I play a game at full load and even then you can barely hear them.

The CPU cooler fan is quiet too.

2 front intake and 1 rear exhaust is ok. If you want you can put that extra fan exhaust at the top.

After installing all that you go in your BIOS fan curve and you set them like you want. You will have a quiet system for sure with that curve and these fans.
Those Be quiet 140mm high speed are very quiet. I have 6 of those in my case and I cannot hear them at all unless I play a game at full load and even then you can barely hear them.

The CPU cooler fan is quiet too.

2 front intake and 1 rear exhaust is ok. If you want you can put that extra fan exhaust at the top.

After installing all that you go in your BIOS fan curve and you set them like you want. You will have a quiet system for sure with that curve and these fans.

Reactions: mojorisin23
Solution

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I can buy more fans... this computer is free basically as my company is paying for it. I just don't want to go overboard and take advantage. But one or two more fans won't do that...

i can put two front 140s and two rear 120s....?