[SOLVED] Fan Connector

iCeMhaN

Commendable
May 2, 2017
Got a super noob question here.

I recently bought a piece of Omega Nova 2 Lite (Dual Auto Spectrum) Fan im planning to put it at the rear end of my CPU. Problem is I dont know where can I plug it in. My current rear fan is connected to a port hub which only accommodate 3 pin and this one I bought is 4 slot pin. Quite confused lol. I just recently bought a msi b450 tomahawk max.

Do I need a converter to insert it in the 3 pin port hub? Or should I plug it in the motherboard directly? Another noob question is if I am about to plug it in the motherboard wheres the correct slot to plug it in? Just want to make sure and not to screw everything up. Hope you guys can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
A 4pin fan should be able to connect to a 3pin connector/hub, albeit forgoing PWM control.

However, with a B450 Tomahawk, you should be able to connect it to the closest "CHA_Fan) header on the motherboard.

iCeMhaN

Commendable
May 2, 2017
A 4pin fan should be able to connect to a 3pin connector/hub, albeit forgoing PWM control.

However, with a B450 Tomahawk, you should be able to connect it to the closest "CHA_Fan) header on the motherboard.

Is this the SYS_FAN 1,3,4? or the PUMP_FAN1?

Well that's odd while checking I noticed I don't have SYS_FAN 2 its just jump to 3 then 4 lol.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
in a lot of instances ,it's just another fan header - but typically defaults to 100% fan speed.

It's for liquid cooling pumps. Either AIOs or custom loops. Most AIOs only call for a CPU_Fan header and run a splitter if multiple fans are required.