[SOLVED] Fan control option not showing

Jun 14, 2020
I have i5-2400 with a gtx 1050 ti and intel stock cooler on zebronics h61 mobo and 8 gb ram.My cpu temperatures are always above 95 C causing throttle and reducing frequency to 1.58 GHz or sometimes even less. I tried to increase fan speed but there is no option to control fan speed in the bios. Pls tell me what to do also i am thinking to buy a cooler master hyper t20 pls tell if it would HELP to solve the problem

Solution
More than likely the motor is worn out, it can happen if you get toouch dust buildup underneath and the fan has to draw extra current to get enough power to spin.

The T20 isn't a bad little cooler. Slightly better than a stock amd wraith, meaning it's considerably better than stock Intel.
I have i5-2400 with a gtx 1050 ti and intel stock cooler on zebronics h61 mobo and 8 gb ram.My cpu temperatures are always above 95 C causing throttle and reducing frequency to 1.58 GHz or sometimes even less. I tried to increase fan speed but there is no option to control fan speed in the bios. Pls tell me what to do also i am thinking to buy a cooler master hyper t20 pls tell if it would HELP to solve the problem
Yes, that CPU cooler should definitively help a lot.

Jun 14, 2020
The thing is the cpu fan does not start when pc is booted I have to rotate the cpu manually until it starts rotating.And it even works when it gets started but during gaming temp rises above 95 and it throttles. Is there some voltage problem or mobo problem.?Because I don't want the same to happen after I buying cooler master hyper t20.

Jun 14, 2020
Yes, that CPU cooler should definitively help a lot.
The thing is the cpu fan does not start when pc is booted I have to rotate the cpu fan manually until it starts rotating.And it even works when it gets started but during gaming temp rises above 95 and it throttles. Is there some voltage problem or mobo problem.?Because I don't want the same to happen after I buying cooler master hyper t20.

The thing is the cpu fan does not start when pc is booted I have to rotate the cpu fan manually until it starts rotating.And it even works when it gets started but during gaming temp rises above 95 and it throttles. Is there some voltage problem or mobo problem.?Because I don't want the same to happen after I buying cooler master hyper t20.
Yes, look in the bios, starting voltage could be too low. Also check in BIOS if there's a switch between DC voltage and PWM and set according to what fan is, 3 (DC) or 4 (PWM) wire.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
More than likely the motor is worn out, it can happen if you get toouch dust buildup underneath and the fan has to draw extra current to get enough power to spin.

The T20 isn't a bad little cooler. Slightly better than a stock amd wraith, meaning it's considerably better than stock Intel.

Solution